Zane Made REAL Progress (New Pics Pg 99)!RIP Lorelei...

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Hope your dad does really well... keep his spirits up! Tell him he can get a peg-leg and be a pirate, now... arrrrrr!!! LOL! It's every boy's dream to be a pirate!

hugs.gif
Glad you're back.

And I thought I would be the only one to think that. My dad lost the sight in his right eye last year & I just started calling him the One Eyed Monster. Also asked if a a parrot came with the eye patch, stuff like that.....He said the first time I said it (the one eyed monster) he felt profound sadness, then each time I called him that it became less & less until he could actually laugh about it...he & I have always been exceedingly close. Probably because of our incredibly warped/sick sense of humor.....oh well to each their own.
wink.png

But do remember the healing power of laughter....I almost truly went insane once after a particularly bad still birth & if he hadn't made me laugh over the stupidist joke in the world I would be sitting in a padded room right now...NO LIE

I'm finally getting a chance to check in on you, your dad, and Zane. It sounds like things are looking up for your dad. I am interested to know if any ladies visited Zane today or not and how he did?!?!
smile.png

I didn't get a chance to bring anyone in for a visit. Too much to deal with in the heat, but I want to try it tomorrow. I was going to take a picture of Zane so you can see how much improved he is, but my camera battery is dead and that was the #2 one in a 2-pack, too. Have to wait till we get out to buy those expensive batteries.

Hi Cyn - for camera batteries buy the rechargeables - they pay for themselves a million times over. Buy a four pack and a recharger and you can always have fresh batteries. My camera can't seem to take more than a few pics without the batteries dying so I can always use the ones already in recharger or it only takes a few minutes to recharge. We also have wireless mouses/mice? on all pcs so the recharger really comes in handy. I've been using some of the same batteries for years.

Quote:
And I thought I would be the only one to think that. My dad lost the sight in his right eye last year & I just started calling him the One Eyed Monster. Also asked if a a parrot came with the eye patch, stuff like that.....He said the first time I said it (the one eyed monster) he felt profound sadness, then each time I called him that it became less & less until he could actually laugh about it...he & I have always been exceedingly close. Probably because of our incredibly warped/sick sense of humor.....oh well to each their own.
wink.png

But do remember the healing power of laughter....I almost truly went insane once after a particularly bad still birth & if he hadn't made me laugh over the stupidist joke in the world I would be sitting in a padded room right now...NO LIE

smile.png
I had hoped after I posted that no one would be put out by it...it was meant to instill a light-heartedness to it all. Laughter IS the best medicine...
hugs.gif

Cyn, I am hijacking the thread for a second and doing as promised...

I am up pacing right now at 2:35 am because I just spoke to my dad and he and mom are on their way to the hospital. His surgery is scheduled for 7:00 am his time (4 am here).

He is nervous but very confident with his doctor, as am I, but he is doing okay. He said it is something he has to do because his heart function had dropped down to close to 20% functioning.

So ladies who will be up early on the East Coast, say a prayer this morning for my dad and the surgeon...that all goes well with the defribrillator being put in and that it works.
fl.gif
I am almost 45 years old and still "daddy's girl"
love.gif
I need my daddy around for many more years...too much left I want to learn from him, do with him and talk to him about.

Cyn, I continue to keep your dad and Zane in my prayers for their quick healing.
hugs.gif

Thanks for letting me hijack your thread for a moment.

Back
Top Bottom