Zane Made REAL Progress (New Pics Pg 99)!RIP Lorelei...

I am so glad to hear he is doing better!!! And flirting, you know he is feeling better is he is doing his little chicken dance.
smile.png
Hopefully, it won't be to much longer and he will be back to 100% and taking his daddy's place.

I got 2 little BR chicks from the feed store after reading about your barred rock chickens, and I have to say, they are some of my favorite chicks. I named them Cinder and Ella. They are so curious. Every time I go to the brooder, Ella flies up to the highest point she can get to and just watches me. It is so cute!! I would love to have a little Zane with my girls.

Kelly, my dad is doing okay. He'll have to adjust and he hasnt gotten up yet and tried to be mobile. That may dampen his mood a bit till he gets the hang of it, but his health seems fine.

Steff, I do love my BR girls and boys. Zane has two baby brothers and the oldest, Dutch, is about six weeks old. He's so full of himself and very definitely takes after his daddy Hawkeye in body type, just what I want. Mace is three weeks old and with his foster mom, Olivia. She will be with the two SLW pullet chicks in a dust hole and Mace will be 15 feet away, investigating on his own. I'm hoping one day to have the trio of brothers (they are all Hawkeye's sons with Lexie) in charge of this big laying flock.

Hope your dad does really well... keep his spirits up! Tell him he can get a peg-leg and be a pirate, now... arrrrrr!!! LOL! It's every boy's dream to be a pirate!

hugs.gif
Glad you're back.

If Zane is dancing and trying to strut his stuff, he will be chasing them women in no time! Go Zane!

Thank you all for your warm thoughts, concern and prayers. I will keep you posted on dad. It is very stressful for me because I am 3000 miles away and he as well as mom are telling me not to fly home for this one. I fought my way through a hurricane to get to him when he had a heart attack and bypass surgery in 2004...they freaked over that. Being active duty military helped, the national guard at the state line gave me hardly any trouble.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Morning Cyn how are the boys today. Hope this finds you and yours all doing better sending prayers again today.

Catawin praying for you and yours. Distance is so hard to take when a loved one is ill. Hang in there

Doing well. My dad's 87th birthday is Thursday. Not sure if I can go see him then, but hopefully, he will continue to progress.

Zane was crowing his heart out this morning, just like he used to do, answering Suede's deep wolf howl. I think I'll get a girl or two to visit him today and see if he manages to stand for the ladies.

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

"WOOHOOO ZANE" Cyn, you have worked so hard to get this boy back. Your hard work is starting to pay off, and Zane is showing you his thankyou's......
hugs.gif

WOW ! I am so happy that zane is improving. I hope your father is alright it sounds like the operation went fairly well and I hope his recovery goes well also.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom