Zebra Finch Opposite Sex Siblings

SKong123

In the Brooder
May 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it is okay to house opposite-sex siblings together in a large flight cage? My zebra finches recently had two babies and they are ready to be separated from mom and dad. They are beginning to form colors and I am pretty sure that one is male and the other is female. I told my mom she could have the two babies but it would be sad to separate them. Would it be better to give her the two females or is it possible for the siblings to not mate?

Thank you!

Like said above, they can be kept together but no babies. If they were to breed and have babies their babies might come out with deformities and many problems. Congrats on your babies though! My finches never seem to have gotten the hang of having chicks :)

I have parent zebra finches that produce offspring of 2 babies at a time. There will be 12 babies in a year. I have sold the babies before they became of breeding age. I have a buyer that wants a male to add to her flock of 2 female siblings. If she buys a male from me that will make inbreeding for sure. Also, one female will not have a mate.
Will it be a problem for the flock if one female does not have a mate?

Back
Top Bottom