ZEDONK- Zebra Donkey cross for sale

wow do those have stripes?
big_smile.png
Idont think we have those in Idaho.

My neighbor has one of these and, boy, is he ugly. He has a couple of primitave stripes at the bottom of his legs, but he is mostly a washed out brown/grey color. Not cute at all. He is aggressive acting and a pain in the butt to try to work with. A donkey and a zebra are both very primitive animals and I think when you breed them together the results aren't good. Its like taking an evolutionary step back for a donkey. I've heard folks have had some success breeding zebras to horses, but its still an odd, unnattractive animal, to me anyway. I'd take a nice spotted mule over a zebra cross any day.

Zorseprsr.jpg

Fancywrandysr.jpg

FancywRachelsr.jpg

Here is a 10 year old girl using one of our zedonks at the midmest horse fair.

Donkeys have been used longer than horses. More donkeys are used around the world than horses ever will be. Crossing donkeys or horses with a zebra- results in a hybrid animal that has the zebra coloration and is easier to handle than a zebra. A zebra hybrid can do anything a horse or donkey can do. The largest problem is that most people think training will be the same as a horse. But because they are smarter than a horse, they need to be trained like a mule.

We riase all sizes of donkeys, mini horses, Quarter Horses & Appaloosa Horses, Zebra & Zebra hybrids.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the stripes are gorgeous.

Randy www.spectrumranch.net

I think they are amazing and would love to have one. But a bit far. Thanks for posting though. Some people don't like silkies either but I love them. Like you said, to each his own, right.

Marie

I have always wanted a Zorse or a Zedonk!! To me they are just gorgeous!!! You are so lucky to have all of those gorgeous Critters around!! I envy you!
ep.gif

Last edited:
Those are much nicer than what my neighbor has. I guess like most things its all in the breeding. Your's has a great deal more color than what my neighbor's has.

By the way, I've owned donkeys for years and I do agree that they are easier to handle than horses for many things.

Does that cross work as well as a Jenny in herd protection? I have heard that a Jenny is an excellent protector of calves against predators.

They are very pretty! Wish I lived closer!

Back
Top Bottom