Zeolite or Stall Freshner in Australia

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Steampunked, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Steampunked

Steampunked Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hello folks.

Does anyone know of a source of sweet PDZ, zeolite, or stall freshner in Australia for good flock management? I'm starting to work on setting up the outdoors location for the flock, and I'm almost not at home during the week at all - I leave in the dark and get back in the dark so what I'm looking for is a good solution to keep the whole internal coop as clean and comfortable as possible between large weekend cleanings.

I've seen a lot of Americans recommending the stall freshner, however...

I found one - the bag was $300! The same bag that sells for about $12 in the US! Scary!

I know that pool zeolite is available, but I'm not sure it's the same thing, or may be of a granule size that is not appropriate for the purpose.

2. Ida-Ore Zeolite

Ida-Ore Zeolite New Egg

Nov 20, 2014
    Hello,
    I know there are some Zeolite deposits in that area, but not certain of the companies manufacturing it.
    If you found some pool filter Zeolite, ask them if it is the "Clinoptilolite" strain. (odds are that it is) Clinoptilolite Zeolite is the most common worldwide and is what is being used in our HorseFresh stall freshener and PDZ's.
    Alex
    Ida-Ore Zeolite

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by