Zeolite or Stall Freshner in Australia

Steampunked

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 22, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Hello folks.

Does anyone know of a source of sweet PDZ, zeolite, or stall freshner in Australia for good flock management? I'm starting to work on setting up the outdoors location for the flock, and I'm almost not at home during the week at all - I leave in the dark and get back in the dark so what I'm looking for is a good solution to keep the whole internal coop as clean and comfortable as possible between large weekend cleanings.

I've seen a lot of Americans recommending the stall freshner, however...

I found one - the bag was $300! The same bag that sells for about $12 in the US! Scary!

I know that pool zeolite is available, but I'm not sure it's the same thing, or may be of a granule size that is not appropriate for the purpose.

I know this is an old post but thought I'd throw in an update. After a bit of research, I've come across SPILLZORBE. Readily available in Australia and is New Zealand volcanic Zeolite. I spoke with the manufacturers & they confirmed it is softer than the Australian grade & is the exact same stuff put in animal feed, garden soil improver & can be composted. Around AUD$17 for 10kg. I'll give it a go on our poop boards & see how we go.

Hello,
I know there are some Zeolite deposits in that area, but not certain of the companies manufacturing it.
If you found some pool filter Zeolite, ask them if it is the "Clinoptilolite" strain. (odds are that it is) Clinoptilolite Zeolite is the most common worldwide and is what is being used in our HorseFresh stall freshener and PDZ's.
Alex
Ida-Ore Zeolite

Last edited:
I know this is an old post but thought I'd throw in an update. After a bit of research, I've come across SPILLZORBE. Readily available in Australia and is New Zealand volcanic Zeolite. I spoke with the manufacturers & they confirmed it is softer than the Australian grade & is the exact same stuff put in animal feed, garden soil improver & can be composted. Around AUD$17 for 10kg. I'll give it a go on our poop boards & see how we go.
How is the Spillzorbe going? Has it had the desired effect? you're right, there doesn't seem to be anything else cheaply available in Australia.

How is the Spillzorbe going? Has it had the desired effect? you're right, there doesn't seem to be anything else cheaply available in Australia.
Going great. Used about 6 bags in total. 3 in the poop boards, 2 on the floor of the coop in with the sand & one in the run with the mulch. Have not needed to top it up & all behaving as we wanted. Have not had any really hot weather to see how the smell is controlled but very happy so far & scooping up with a kitty litter scoop is a breeze. Poop boards are catching 90% of poop in the coop.

Going great. Used about 6 bags in total. 3 in the poop boards, 2 on the floor of the coop in with the sand & one in the run with the mulch. Have not needed to top it up & all behaving as we wanted. Have not had any really hot weather to see how the smell is controlled but very happy so far & scooping up with a kitty litter scoop is a breeze. Poop boards are catching 90% of poop in the coop.
In Melbourne, Victoria, Australia we get it from RSEA Safety for $17 a bag.

Back
Top Bottom