Zero Eggs!😫

Pics
This is our first winter together(my family and our flock) they’re 7months old.. I live in NY and it’s been freezinggg we haven’t had any eggs at all in over a week! Is that normal for them to go that long?! We have 3 pullets and 1hen.
Mine stop and start sometimes. The new ones weren't laying much until they were closer to 8 months. I use a red heat lamp in the henhouse, preferably just to give them 12 hours of light by timer, and they lay more. Be careful of safety/fire issues, but I've never had a problem. It's not unusual for them to lay less in the winter or to take breaks. Have they been stressed by anything you know of? That can slow them down, too.

I live in Michigan and it is really cold but my 21 hens are laying 19 -21 eggs a day. I give them 22% protein feed and daily treats since their yard is covered in snow and the ground is frozen solid. They are young (first year). I expected them to drop production during the winter but they didn't. I also give them oyster shell in a separate container. They have access to feed and oyster shell 24/7. They absolutely love sunflower meats I get at the feed store.

I have 5 hens, 3 red sex-linked and 2 black sex-linked. They're coming 4 years old now, I think. They stop laying in mid-Oct. and usually start again in mid-Feb. This year, they did start laying again in mid-Jan. (!!), but only for a week or two, and have stopped since. What could be causing that? I'm in Conn. I"m down to the last of their eggs, and really hate to do "the walk of shame" down the egg aisle at this point!

Back
Top Bottom