Zero Eggs!😫

I have 8 birds hatched in april and may that never even started laying! Gonna get rid of those come spring feeding birds thats not laying is a waste of feed

Well someone will be happy to take them off your hands, I'm sure, since it'll be prime time for them to start laying come spring.

Shortened day light hours is for sure a factor. In addition are you certain that, given your freezing conditions, they are getting adequate water to drink?
Yes i bought a them one of those heated waterers it’s down in their run. At night I’ll put a tiny bit up top for them all in a little tiny one for chicks. I saw one of my silver sebrights going up in the nesting box she particularly favors but no egg! They are molting too so that and season appears to be the culprit.

People getting normal egg amounts are in the southern regions of U.S.
No not all. Couple people that commented were from NY and were still getting eggs as well. Some didn’t say where they were from though and I know that does make a difference so I wanted to post myself to ask!

....or have pullets hatched at just the right time.
...or are using lights.
What do you mean? The birds I have right now that stopped laying? If that’s what you mean I’m not sure we purchased them from Hatchery after the fact.
Pullets often, but not always, lay thru their first winter without supplemental lighting.
It can depend on when they were hatched.

I was responding to this post:
People getting normal egg amounts are in the southern regions of U.S.

Back
Top Bottom