Zionsville, Indiana - Hello!

You've been given a lot of links to keep you busy so I will just say Welcome to Backyard chickens, glad you joined the flock
celebrate.gif

Update: I placed my first order for chicks last week. In early April, we'll be receiving one of each of the following:
Buckeye
Barred Plymouth Rock
Buff Orpington
Lavender Orpington
Silver Cuckoo Marans

I would love, love, love to have multiples of the same chicken to see how they different in personality with one breed, but I'm too curious about many breeds, and wanted a little variety in egg color. DH wanted to start with three, but I pushed it to five! lol Hopefully, we'll have enough eggs to share. Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Diana

Update: I placed my first order for chicks last week. In early April, we'll be receiving one of each of the following:
Buckeye
Barred Plymouth Rock
Buff Orpington
Lavender Orpington
Silver Cuckoo Marans

I would love, love, love to have multiples of the same chicken to see how they different in personality with one breed, but I'm too curious about many breeds, and wanted a little variety in egg color. DH wanted to start with three, but I pushed it to five! lol Hopefully, we'll have enough eggs to share. Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Diana

You're welcome. Those are all good, reliable breeds which will give you lots of nice, large brown eggs. I love the chocolate (very dark brown) eggs of the Marans. In my opinion, they are the prettiest eggs in the chicken world. The Orpingtons are super sweet and gentle. My children, and now my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) made lap pets of ours. Good luck with your chicks.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom