Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

Quote: the male quail are VICIOUS with each other, way worse than chickens... so I got rid of all but the one male...

I was thinking that it would be nice to get a bunch of quail eggs.... but we didn't eat enough of them, and I didn't sell enough of them... so I actually just sold my entire flock...cleaned out their cage and filled it full of the Leghorn chicks that I am growing out.

I want to keep maybe 5 female and 1 male from the quail eggs that I have in the incubator... and I will sell or eat all of the rest that hatch. I tried to count last night and this morning when I hand turned them.... I actually put in a bit over 40 eggs, maybe it was 43.

thanks... I am thinking that even with horrid fertility and possible incubation horrors, I should still get 10.... So, I am stoked.

I am super tickled I sold the one year old quail flock.... I got $80 for them....

I am happy to start over, because the 16 were too many for the cage I had... they didn't eat each other, but they produced way more poop than we could keep up with. We like cleaning cages every few months... so I need fewer quail in the cage... because I do like things looking clean.

Your eggs have shipped. I pm'd your tracking info. The 4 blue eggs will hatch Isbar x Cream Legbar (ice cream bars) or Marans x Cream Legbar (F1 olive eggers). The large pinkish eggs will hatch either white houdan x buff brahma (pink egger), Isbar x brahma (green eggers), or Marans x brahma (dark brown). The white eggs are white houdan x polish. The smaller cream colored eggs will be either white houdan x silkie or pure silkies.
Best of luck...
Sweet!! My current flock consists of brown layers. 6 red sexlinks 3 new Hampshires and 5 buff hens. My roo is a 5 year old barred rock. Looking forward to hatch yours and ravynfallen's eggs

Yes the eggs were shipped and it moves whichever way is up when I turn the egg.

I cant paste a link but you should search for "hatching with detached aircell". I personally have never had any with detached aircells hatch...but it is possible. I would place the eggs with detached cells upright (pointy end down) in a carton and not move it for 4-5 days. I would not put it in a auto turner nor lay it flat.

Right.
There's a fine line between letting the air cell get to its place and not turning enough to provide enough nutrition to the early embryo.

Back
Top Bottom