Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

I thought that the eggs were supposed to be hatching on Thursday!!!!

My eggs aren't hatching until Thursday, maybe tomorrow, but NOT today.... Dd I set too late???

Doodle whap! I thought I had put them in right perfectly! :he

I expect hatching to continue thru to Saturday My self... I might have gone a bit overboard .. but my friend had three setting spots empty.... And I had 4.... so... happy hatching ;)

Five duck and two geese eggs are pipping now, and I can get a head count in the morning from my friend ;)

I thought that the eggs were supposed to be hatching on Thursday!!!!

My eggs aren't hatching until Thursday, maybe tomorrow, but NOT today.... Dd I set too late???

Doodle whap! I thought I had put them in right perfectly!
he.gif

No you're fine Kenai. I think you are perfect.
It depends on where on the planet you are located and your latitude and longitude.
Where I live, hatching under a Cancer moon can be anywhere from 8:55 AM Wednesday the 20th till 4:42 PM Friday the 22nd of May.
Where you are the times would probably be about 3 hours earlier.

There is a calendar in the following link that you can edit with your location.

http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/....12&tz=US/Central&dformat=UK&geoFormat=degMin

ETA
If you look at the location line just below Universal Lunar Calendar line there is an edit button at the end where you can enter your location.

Last edited:
Incubator Temp Issue:

I am on Day 4 and using a PI-24 (forced air) incubator. During Easter HAL I did not pay attention to putting multiple temp probes in different spots and I had a single Accurite temp reader that was showing 99 degrees and the incubator was showing 99.5, so I ignored it and I had 25 of 32 eggs hatch from it.

This time I have to different accurites one with a probe and other without. The probe is sitting on top of the eggs and the Accurite from previous HAL is towards the front of incubator.
  • Old Accurite is still reading 99 degrees just like previous time.
  • The Accurite with the probe is reading between 98 and 98.6 degrees depending on where I place the probe.
  • I have increased the incubator's settings to 100.4, however it has not made much difference on the Accurites.

Shall I not worry about it since I had a good hatch last time?

OR

Shall I crank up the incubator somewhat more?

P.S I have ordered a Brinsea spot-check just to make sure.

Since you had a good hatch last time; I would leave it until the Spot-check arrives.

I'd leave it also until the spot check srrives. They're good thermometers for the first couple years. After that they go all wonky.
The Brinsea spot check has arrived and temp at fan level are 100.5-100.8 , in between eggs 99.3-99.6. Shall I leave it alone, or lower the temps a bit. The incubator itself takes readings about 2 inches above egg level and that is coming up as 100.4

The Brinsea spot check has arrived and temp at fan level are 100.5-100.8 , in between eggs 99.3-99.6. Shall I leave it alone, or lower the temps a bit. The incubator itself takes readings about 2 inches above egg level and that is coming up as 100.4
Leave it alone, the temp is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom