Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

And assisted hatches are so time consuming. I also find that those that don't hatch easily, have foot issues that are also very time consuming to deal with. IMHO, as a farmer dude, it isn't worth it to coddle birds. They make it or they don't
This isn't a new thing. In nature, robust chicks hatch and less vigorous ones don't. Coddling them, again IMHO, creates generations of weak genes.

@bamadude is your hatch done?

I am almost half way on my Day 21 and only 4 have pipped (including the one that may not hatch). I guess that cheap hatcher wasn't worth it.

Last edited:
@bamadude
 is your hatch done?

I am almost half way on my Day 21 and only 4 have pipped (including the one that may not hatch). I guess that cheap hatcher wasn't worth it.

I have 1 straggler still squeaking in there.
I had 7 of your eggs hatch. Im happy happy happy.

Oh wait. 7 of your legbars hatched...ALL of your OEs hatched.
1 of the legbars has the really light down color but still barred.
I hope there wasnt a white because it probably got leg banded as a Wheaten Marans.
My lego divider failed big time. I should have used super glue

Oh wait. 7 of your legbars hatched...ALL of your OEs hatched.
1 of the legbars has the really light down color but still barred.
I hope there wasnt a white because it probably got leg banded as a Wheaten Marans.
My lego divider failed big time. I should have used super glue
Unless they were in the eggs that did not hatch, your probability was 2-3 white chicks, so its quite likely you mixed them with Wheaten Marans, You will find out in a few days anyways!

And yes those chicks can knock down Legos easily!

I have 1 straggler still squeaking in there.
I had 7 of your eggs hatch. Im happy happy happy.
Day 22 started 6 hrs ago. I still have 7 procrastinators. 4 with pips and 3 without. 2 of the 4 are pipped on the wrong end. I will take your advice and not try to help them for 24 hrs.

Here are pics of some of the chicks hatched so far:

This is the one I rescued. I did not think he will make it, but "Rainbows" happen.
He looks live a Mauve or Splash

A Chocolate

Another Mauve:

Back
Top Bottom