Zodiac Hatch-A-Long - Waxing Moon in Fruitful Signs HAL

Looks like the next setting will be from late on July 2 till early morning on the 5th.
For my location, I'm setting eggs to hatch between 9:06 PM July 23 and 7:24 AM July 26.

After this hatch of chicks due 6/28 I'm going to try a couple dozen guineas. When's the next set date? Any tips on hatching guineas?
You being in New Jersey, the times will be a little earlier.
http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp?calendarYear=2015&calendarMonth=6
Guineas are 28 days so I think you should set the 26th or 27th of June.

The schedule for target hatch times the rest of the year. These dates and times are for my latitude and longitude. Your times will vary a bit.
You can look them up here.

http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp?calendarYear=2015&calendarMonth=6

You just have to enter your own country and city to get your lunar calendar.
Then count back depending on the species you are hatching.
3 weeks earlier for chickens, 4 weeks for turkey, guinea, mallards, geese.
button quail: 16 days
coturnix quail: 18 days
seramas: 19 days
bobwhite quail: 23 days
call duck: 26 days
pheasant: 22 to 29 days
mallard (derived) duck, turkey, guinea, peafowl: 28 days to hatch
goose: 28 to 32 days
muscovy duck: 35 days
emu: approx. 53 days

Scorpio 4:24 AM August 20 - 3:40 PM August 22
Pisces 3:50 AM - 1:35 PM August 29 (Full Moon happens at 1:35 so it will then wane)

Scorpio 10:42 AM September 16 - 10:31 PM September 18
Pisces 2:43 PM September 25- 2:28 PM September 25

Scorpio 3:38 PM October 13 - 4:18 AM October 16
Pisces 12:17 AM October 23 - 1:21 AM October 25

Pisces 6:21 AM November 19 - 9:12 AM November 21

Pisces 11:44 AM December 16 - 3:26 PM December 18
Cancer 11:26 PM December 24 - 5:11 AM (Full Moon) December 25 Merry Christmas hatch.

Last edited:
I got 2 girls and 2 boys from you. Do you have any photos of the other Barnevelder crosses? Mine is pretty small.... The same size as my Cochin bantam crosses.
No recent pics, however I weighed her yesterday and she was only 650 g /1 lb 7 oz. Her Legbar sisters are around 740 g / 1 lb 10 oz. So she must have inherited some gene from the Barnevelder side that's causing slow growth. Barnevelders are slow to mature, so maybe in the end she will get there.

I just found a wild turkey chick wandering around my chicken coop without it's mama... I fear a coyote or fox must've gotten her because I haven't ever seen the chick without the mama. I have it in a dog crate in the run does anyone know if I can raise it with my chicks? It will not last alone long with all the predators around here
1f612.png

Last edited:
I just found a wild turkey chick wandering around my chicken coop without it's mama... I fear a coyote or fox must've gotten her because I haven't ever seen the chick without the mama. I have it in a dog crate in the run does anyone know if I can raise it with my chicks? It will not last alone long with all the predators around here
1f612.png
You should probably quarantine it because of the AI scare before you even let your chicks breathe the same air its breathing. Who knows the mama may have died of AI. Not trying to scare you, but have to be careful.

You should probably quarantine it because of the AI scare before you even let your chicks breathe the same air its breathing. Who knows the mama may have died of AI. Not trying to scare you, but have to be careful.

Come to find out its a Guinea keet... Probably about 6 weeks old. Poor thing looks so sad in the dog crate. If it has something my older ones have probably already been exposed as it was running around in the run with them dust bathing and all for about 20 minutes before we could catch it! I thought it was one of my chicks at first lol I had to double take... Clearly I need glasses lol

Just went into lockdown a day late. This batch has really been through it and I am not expecting a good outcome
1f614.png

The storm Tuesday really messed this up but hopefully some of them will hatch...

Back
Top Bottom