Zoloft...

NewHopePoultry

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
Troy,Missouri
My doctor prescribed me zoloft the other day. Does any one else take it?
I'm taking it for my depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder & social anxiety disorder.
I'm hoping it helps.

barnie.gif
That's how I felt when I took it. I have anxiety/panic attacks. It made mine worse. Zoloft works for some people, just not me.

Zoloft is one of the better ones. Works great for my mom. I take Celexa (same as Lexapro, Lexapro is more concentrated and WAY more expensive). Sometimes people need a combination of meds to work right.

I've taken Zoloft, Cymbalta, Lexapro & Wellbutrin. I was really hoping the Wellbutrin would work for me as most of the other stuff really packed on the pounds but apparently Wellbutrin+bipolar = crazier than usual. I found myself grinding my teeth at night and restraining (barely!) myself from running down other drivers for the slightest infraction. Zoloft didn't do much for me, Cymbalta & Lexapro did though. One thing you want to watch is that a lot of docs tend to prescribe the drugs they're given the most samples of = the companies that throw the most money at them, in effect. I've found this to be especially true of anti-depressants.

Cymbalta was nice because it helps with physical symptoms as well.

Also, be careful - some have NASTY withdrawal. Lexapro gave me what can only be descibed as a feeling of brain tremors. NOT pleasant! I recommend askapatient.com for researching side effects.

Look out world - I'm too poor at the moment to afford any drugs - so I'm totally unfettered. Be afraid.

I used to use zoloft and it worked great for me. I changed to cymbalta about a year ago for it's benefits for fibromyalgia and I like it too. They are similar in chemical composition.

When I was taking it I could tell pretty quickly that I felt better, so you should hopefully feel better soon.

Now I was switched to lexapro once (the zoloft was giving me tremors, which were actually due to my undiagnosed graves disease, anyway) I was mad!! Mad!! MAD!! on the lexapro. So, um.. it was safer for the world for me to get off that! LOL!!

Lexapro and Celexa are mainly for generalized anxiety disorder. Which is what I have. If I have no meds, I am like the WORST menopausal woman on the streets. My panic attacks around people are legendary!

For many people, Zoloft is the greatest thing since sliced bread. For a few, not so much. Just understand that if you develop a symptom that does not make sense, maybe panic or very excitable, many other things, let your MD know right away. And it is not really a good idea to stop it suddenly if possible; better to taper down.

Hopefully you will be one of the sliced bread people! Good luck!

Also - one thing to remember - every SINGLE person's imbalance is different. It took me 8 years to get a combo that really does the job. I feel like ME and a REAL PERSON now. It is fabulous - Celexa and Hydroxyz 10 mg. Celexa daily and Hydroxyz as needed, which is rare anymore.

Back
Top Bottom