Zoloft...

Quote:
I think for some this is true and at one point in my life it was as well then people suffer trauma or have some insurmountable things going on and all the good nutrition in the world is not going to help

it is great you could overcome

and good for everyone to eat a wide variety of fresh foods

back on topic

honestly patients i get to see who are on it ...are on it because they do really well ..you will know very quickly if it is the right one for you ..

I hope it is! good luck ..and yes VIP on the good nutrition, sunshine and fresh air as well
smile.png
but heavens yes there is a time and place for chemicals if you need them!

Last edited:
i took zoloft for a while for my fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. It really helped, but i gained a TON of weight, like 50 pounds in a couple of months. i kept thinking that if that's what it took to feel better, then i could tolerate a little weight. Except the weight gain kept going, so i just had to stop it. The withdrawals were brutal!

But i sure hope it helps you. It did really help me, except for that pesky weight thing.

Quote:
Your avatar suggests otherwise!
tongue.png

I try to give myself happy and cheerful things to look at
smile.png

I've been so much happier in the last few days, I really think this is going to help.
I took Prozac,Lexapro and some tohers, all worked for awhile but after 6 months or so,they stopped helping.
My doctor didnt want to give me anytihng, he said it was just my hormones from being pregnant,but I told him I know the difference between pregnancy hormones and the thoughts/feelings I had in the past, which was what I had.

Yes, I've taken Zoloft. Now I'm taking Effexor XR, I"ve been on this now for about 3 years. Its working, thats all I care about. I think it works better than Zoloft, at least, for me. Good luck, hope it works fine.
fl.gif

Putting more chemicals into your body to treat a chemical problem is not going to help anyone in the long run. I have dealt with crippling panic and anxiety disorders for YEARS.

I don't have the will to give up chocolate, let alone all the preservatives in all foods so I guess I will never know if you are right.

That being said, I've had depression issues since middle school and I blame my depression for not being able to complete college and other things that have happened. When Prozac appeared it was a miracle for me. Then there was the public backlash.. the shame of taking an antidepressant and I drifted on and off various ones for years (including Zoloft which worked for about two years). Then one day in an Off period I decided I was tired of waking up every day and being miserably unhappy. I committed myself to just staying on anti-deps the rest of my life. Happily taking Effexor XR (affects two receptors, like Lexipro) and thanking God it exists!!!!

I have suffered with PTS, anxiety, severe depression and I have been on several meds including Lexapro, Zoloft, Xanex, Effiexor(sp?) and a couple others. They all made me worse or knocked me out to where I couldn't function from being so knocked out all the time. I stopped taking them all, started eating very healthy, excersising, and eating foods that naturally helped with these problems. That has worked better for me than any meds I have been on. It was something I literally had to force myself into and to overcome.

I have had alot of medical illnesses too from severe hyperemsis of pregnancy, my gall bladder out, several kidney infections that left me hospitalized for weeks, and others (and I am not even 30 years old yet!!).... After all the meds I have taken over the last 10 years I am now anti man made medicine! It is not healthy for you IMO Just masks things and creates more problems down the road. Not to say any wouldn't work for you..just giving my personal take on it.
smile.png

I took Zoloft for 5 years. I was taking 200 mg a day. I was taking the meds for numerous reasons. I FELT TERRIFIC.....
The zoloft was a miracle drug. UNTIL you have to come off of it. It took me 2 years of the 5 to come off of it. The side effects are incredible. My head felt like my brain would spin and my eyes would shake. I finally went cold turkey and for 3 weeks when I went to work I would physically get sick when I moved around to much. On weekends I stayed in bed curled up in a ball so I would'nt upset the freakin Zoloft Gods in my head.
lol.png

I wouldn't suggest this drug to anyone. I'm fine now but dang this stuff is crazy to get off of.

Last edited:
Zoloft did nothing for me,
But I was improperly diagnosed with just depression forever, since I didnt complain about my manic episodes.
When I have a manic episode I am wonderwoman! but a depression follows right after.
We now know I have bipolar disorder, with anxiety.
I take Paxil, Cymbalta, and Seroquil. And I will never have to worry about withdrawals because I will most likely have to take someting if not these forever!!!
And I am almost normal now!
wee.gif

I wanted to add that you need to take it for at least 2 weeks before you will know if it is working for you or not.
The paxil works for me, but I didnt know it untill I tried to stop taking it (on my own) Then I found out how much it does and how badly I need to stay on it.

Back
Top Bottom