Zoom hangout anybody???

salimben60

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2020
Hope this is allowed, please remove if it isn't allowed.

I am a new member over here, bought a house with 3 chickens that are driving me nuts hahaha. Since almost everyone is home these days, was wondering if it is a good idea to have a community hangout today ? Please comment if interested and I can set one up

We can introduce ourselves and our chickens on the call and have some fun. Maybe share experience as well

Attachments

• 00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200326130944168_COVER.jpg
    00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200326130944168_COVER.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi there 3 chickens that are driving you nuts? Tell us what that’s about? 🤗
They wake me up every day because they want to go out. ( I will expand their run to make it bigger). They ruined all the garden. More mice and it got stinky.
They all lay eggs in same place, so when two want to do it at the same time then one screams here head off. They keep randomly screaming and I am worried the neighbors will start complaining

Mine have plenty of nest boxes but of course they all want to be in the one that’s occupied at the moment so they holler. Yep they can dig up a garden in no time I have 3 that could dig to China probably boy do they dig deep holes. Anything I want to protect gets fence around it. Mice? mine will eat a mouse if they get a chance. Had one running around with a frog in her mouth the other day with everyone in hot pursuit. Maybe give some fresh eggs to your closet neighbors as a peace offering.

Mine have plenty of nest boxes but of course they all want to be in the one that’s occupied at the moment so they holler. Yep they can dig up a garden in no time I have 3 that could dig to China probably boy do they dig deep holes. Anything I want to protect gets fence around it. Mice? mine will eat a mouse if they get a chance. Had one running around with a frog in her mouth the other day with everyone in hot pursuit. Maybe give some fresh eggs to your closet neighbors as a peace offering.
Exactly noone uses the second nesting box and they do this when the nesting box is occupied
So if I understood you correctly, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about having mice around at night ? They are fully safe? Even though they are asleep (just worried a mice will give it a little bite). Also no problem if a chicken eats a mouse?

Yes I am definitely planning on giving eggs to the neighbors for peace, just waiting for he shelter in place to be moved.

Back
Top Bottom