Zoom in on pictures

jher77

Songster
Nov 19, 2020
The zoom feature doesn't work right sometimes. Other times it does but I wished it would zoom in better sometimes. I thought it had to do with the size of the pics people upload or something but now I see it must be something else.

This thread for example. I click on the pic and it opens in css mode kinda regular size with the zoom icon greyed out.
Capture.PNG

I try to use the zoom feature in the browser and get to 120% and then the zoom icon works now.
Capture2.PNG

What is going on with that?
Windows vista 64bit, firefox 52.6.

I'd be surprised if it didn't work properly with a more recent browser version.
I just tried the zoom feature, and It does not work on all images in the posts here. on BYC.
I tried it on some PNG pix, and it worked,,, and some did not. I also tried it on some JPEG images. Some worked, but some did not.
That is reason I decided to watch thread.
I am using newest Opera Browser. Windows PC. I can enlarge images using the Opera features, but then I have to go the additional steps.

The zoom feature doesn't work right sometimes. Other times it does but I wished it would zoom in better sometimes. I thought it had to do with the size of the pics people upload or something but now I see it must be something else.

This thread for example. I click on the pic and it opens in css mode kinda regular size with the zoom icon greyed out.
View attachment 2604456

I try to use the zoom feature in the browser and get to 120% and then the zoom icon works now.
View attachment 2604463

What is going on with that?
Windows vista 64bit, firefox 52.6.
That picture in that thread was uploaded as a thumbnail.

Actually, it might have to do with image resolution. If an image is small enough to automatically be displayed at its full resolution in the lightbox, it'd make sense that zoom would be disabled.
It 'zooms' ever so slightly. You can barely notice at the bottom of the screen where the words are.
Again this image was uploaded as a thumbnail and not full image.
Screenshot_20210408-110542.png
Screenshot_20210408-110619.png

The exent of the zoom probably depends on the resolution of the viewer's screen. And embedding an image in a post as a thumbnail doesn't change the resolution that it was originally uploaded in, which is its resolution in the lightbox (at least when zoomed in).

The exent of the zoom probably depends on the resolution of the viewer's screen. And embedding an image in a post as a thumbnail doesn't change the resolution that it was originally uploaded in, which is its resolution in the lightbox (at least when zoomed in).
You are right.
I just tested it with one of my own pictures.

It has to be the original resolution.

Back
Top Bottom