╰☆╮Chicken Lover Club! ╰☆╮

Do You Have Chickens?

• Yes!

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Would anyone happen to know what is wrong and what I should do? Two chickies hatched yesterday, one last night, and one hatched about 15 minutes ago. This one was the one that hatched last night and when she hatched, I didnt see anything wrong! She was under a broody hen, and she and her sisters were happy and playful, they would run around the nesting box (its a large, rectangular, as i havent added the walls to separate each box, so right now its just one, large nest). But i went to check on her and saw this huge spot on her side. I picked her up and wrapped her in a hand towell and im holding her in my lap until I can find what to do. Shes still alive and peeping, but she seems tired. She walked around a little bit on my lap too... Any help would be alpreciated. This is my first hatch and im really stressed!

Would anyone happen to know what is wrong and what I should do? Two chickies hatched yesterday, one last night, and one hatched about 15 minutes ago. This one was the one that hatched last night and when she hatched, I didnt see anything wrong! She was under a broody hen, and she and her sisters were happy and playful, they would run around the nesting box (its a large, rectangular, as i havent added the walls to separate each box, so right now its just one, large nest). But i went to check on her and saw this huge spot on her side. I picked her up and wrapped her in a hand towell and im holding her in my lap until I can find what to do. Shes still alive and peeping, but she seems tired. She walked around a little bit on my lap too... Any help would be alpreciated. This is my first hatch and im really stressed!

Has anything happened yet?

If she still has the spot, Don't put her back with the others, unless something is covering it.  The other's might bite it, making it bleed.
I found out that the other hen that was with them was attacking the chicks, and I lost two of them to her. I now have this one, still alive, and the first chick that hatched, who is a black austrolorp. I dont know what breed this one is. Her/His name is Lucky.

Back
Top Bottom