♥ ♥ ♥ Show Off Your Call Ducks ♥ ♥ ♥

View attachment 1329436 Got a pretty hen this year. I think she’s a laced blue bibbed. I’d love confirmation though as I’ve never actually seen a laced blue bibbed call. She is an Australian call so judge type based on that

She is a gorgeous blue bibbed!! :love
I don't think laced is ever used in duck color description as far as I know... but good blue *should be* laced, I think it's just assumed in the name... :)

:love :love

She is a gorgeous blue bibbed!! :love
I don't think laced is ever used in duck color description as far as I know... but good blue *should be* laced, I think it's just assumed in the name... :)

:love :love
Thank you. The UK has laced blue bibbed as a standard colour so I was wondering if that's what she was but I'm just happy to know what colour she is. I have a nice looking matching drake too so I guess next year I'll end up with some second-generation blue bibbed.

Thank you. The UK has laced blue bibbed as a standard colour so I was wondering if that's what she was but I'm just happy to know what colour she is. I have a nice looking matching drake too so I guess next year I'll end up with some second-generation blue bibbed.

Ah! First I had heard of that.... if that is in your standard, then yes, I do believe she is... laced in blues is where the body of the feather color is lighter than the edges... each feather should be rimmed with a dark blue edge... the darker, sharper and clearer the better...

ETA: blue to blue breeding will give you 50% blues, 25% blacks and 25% silvers (UK name is different, your silver is our Snowy and I dunno what name is used instead)...

Ah! First I had heard of that.... if that is in your standard, then yes, I do believe she is... laced in blues is where the body of the feather color is lighter than the edges... each feather should be rimmed with a dark blue edge... the darker, sharper and clearer the better...

ETA: blue to blue breeding will give you 50% blues, 25% blacks and 25% silvers (UK name is different, your silver is our Snowy and I dunno what name is used instead)...
I'm Australian so we're a little different than both of you. Although we're working towards you we aren't there yet. We don't have a standard to cover her other than general bibbed. Our silver has the same colouring as a Welsh Harlequin if that's helpful :)

I'm Australian so we're a little different than both of you. Although we're working towards you we aren't there yet. We don't have a standard to cover her other than general bibbed. Our silver has the same colouring as a Welsh Harlequin if that's helpful :)

Understood... :)

Blue bibbed... and yes, our Snowy/your Silver is same color as Welsh Harlequin...

Like these...

piZap_1518126679246_wm.jpg
piZap_1518126430919_wm.jpg

Our Silvers are ones with 2 blue genes, like these...

20180405_012621.jpg
20180409_015648.jpg

The 2 adults in this pic...

Back
Top Bottom