2014 New York Chickenstock

'Who are you getting Sebbie eggs from now? I had to stop hatching for summer vacation, etc. didn't want any very young babies then.
None of the Cayuga eggs made it? I had them & my Sebbie eggs in a dry hatch. And they still didn't dry down like they should...

No, they didn't. The humidity was just too darn high. Drowned most of the chicks too. I had one that I thought would make it but it had quit when I candled it for lockdown. The sebbies are coming from a woman who has 20 pairs of multiple colors. She's in MN. Her birds are all holderread stock and they are gorgeous.

No, they didn't. The humidity was just too darn high. Drowned most of the chicks too. I had one that I thought would make it but it had quit when I candled it for lockdown. The sebbies are coming from a woman who has 20 pairs of multiple colors. She's in MN. Her birds are all holderread stock and they are gorgeous.

Thanks for the humidity info. There is so much conflicting info out there. How did the sebbie eggs do w shipping? Do they ship as well as chicken eggs?

Oddly enough, they do better in my experience. With one group only two were fertile and both developed. One hatched and the other would have but it had a terrible yolk infection. The other group was three eggs, all fertile. 100% hatch rate :D

Oddly enough, they do better in my experience. With one group only two were fertile and both developed. One hatched and the other would have but it had a terrible yolk infection. The other group was three eggs, all fertile. 100% hatch rate
big_smile.png
Thats good, I had 6 eggs sent, and got 1 gosling.

Eggs I got are hatching well. (I can't spell them today...but you know the little eggs that hatch tick eaters) They hatched 2 days early and 10 of 12 hatched so far. One was crushed a long time ago and one didn't hatch yet. Probably waiting til the day it is SUPPOSED to hatch...but it has 9 surviving siblings cheering it on.

FYI Guinea keets fit through chicken wire, but can only figure out how to get out, not back IN....what a mess that was trying to figure out how to keep them into the area I had to set up quickly for Momma to brood them in.

Eggs I got are hatching well. (I can't spell them today...but you know the little eggs that hatch tick eaters) They hatched 2 days early and 10 of 12 hatched so far. One was crushed a long time ago and one didn't hatch yet. Probably waiting til the day it is SUPPOSED to hatch...but it has 9 surviving siblings cheering it on.

FYI Guinea keets fit through chicken wire, but can only figure out how to get out, not back IN....what a mess that was trying to figure out how to keep them into the area I had to set up quickly for Momma to brood them in.
Baby chicks can get through too. I wish I could afford to cover the lower section of my runs with hardware cloth.

Five EE's hatched out yesterday. Two lav and three black.

My Chickenstock incubator has 3 pips! I had a window open checking the eggs and getting ready to up the humidity when I heard peeping. Then realized one was pipped, so quickly closed the window up. Put a small bowl in with a damp sock (don't have a sponge) brought the humidity from 42 up to 60. Got a blue, a white and a wellie egg pipped. Go little mutts!

My Chickenstock incubator has 3 pips! I had a window open checking the eggs and getting ready to up the humidity when I heard peeping. Then realized one was pipped, so quickly closed the window up. Put a small bowl in with a damp sock (don't have a sponge) brought the humidity from 42 up to 60. Got a blue, a white and a wellie egg pipped. Go little mutts!

I think those are my eggs! :) I hope you post pics when they're done...

Back
Top Bottom