2015 August hatch-a-long!!

My three weak babies are all walking, eating, and drinking on their own! Its a true miracle!
celebrate.gif

So glad to hear this! Will need just..one more photo?
big_smile.png

Congrats!!!

I have 3 days until lockdown... I'm DYING over here!!! Why is this the LONGEST 3 weeks ever??? I will not candle again until lockdown... I will not candle again until lockdown... I will not candle again until lockdown...
LOL..I'm a candleholic. I love to candle to see how they are doing. I've caught some pretty cute things..a heart beat, feet, beaks. I caught this in just a few hatches ago. I saw, hurried and got the camera hoping to get all 5 toes that were smashed up against the shell..but, by the time I got back with the camera, picked the egg up again, the little stink was only showing a few toes.

Went ahead and got the bator ready. They go into lock down on Sat. Tomorrow will be the
last day of turning. My shipped RIR's and RSL's. That dark part is right up against the
air cell. :)

Below is one of my own girls..7 days along. Love the light eggs .. show thing a lot easier.
One active little baby in there.

Last edited:
My eggs actually came in a day early so I rested them all day/afternoon and put them in before I left for work tonight. I would normally wait til tomorrow to set them but some of the eggs were already at 6 days old. I got 29 total. 24 had perfect air cells, 4 had air cells shifted to the side but still on the top potion of the egg, and 1 had a tiny hairline crack in it. I covered it with a piece of scotch tape. I couldn't find any unscented candles for wax and I read somewhere on here where someone used scotch tape. :p They're all nestled in and ready to develop! Due date-8/27

Back
Top Bottom