2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love them completely but they must remember you or I have a big head
1f633.png
Cause they run like I'm going to eat them when I check on them and there food and water.
1f629.png
Could it be since I'm not using a red light?

I do find they are calmer with a red light. I use a red color 25 watt bulb because the brooder is inside and small. I don't need an actual heat lamp. It would bake them. Also, when they are that age, they are still on a counter in my bird room and I walk through there constantly. You may have them at a different level.
Little monsters. :)

The blue andalusian hatched at 8pm! I love her half white face. The next one looks like it might be a Buff Orphington. It's pipped a hole almost large enough to peek out of haha
@Saris

Last edited:

New babies!

A little blurry sorry, wanted to take these pics fast and get them back under mama
@Saris
The one chick that pipped externally before the others is still in its shell. The hole is large enough for the whole beak to fit through and then some, but when I look inside and use the flashlight to candle, I can see the membrane wrapped around her. It looks dry. How long should one wait before you know if the chick is actually stuck?

New babies!

A little blurry sorry, wanted to take these pics fast and get them back under mama
@Saris
The one chick that pipped externally before the others is still in its shell. The hole is large enough for the whole beak to fit through and then some, but when I look inside and use the flashlight to candle, I can see the membrane wrapped around her. It looks dry. How long should one wait before you know if the chick is actually stuck?

Oh gosh they are so cute! The chick in the egg can still breathe so let her rest, I wouldn't do any picking at her unless momma gets up and leaves her. If she does then text me a pic and I'll try and help out.

@littleredwagon

She could still be absorbing blood and yolk and what not, so don't rush her. Let me know if momma hen bails on her though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom