2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to message you. So far so good I have a new humidifier on it's way. I put them in a little giant incubator this Morning. Candles last night, 5 viable, 4 maybe, 2 blood eggs. And I dropped one and it exploded. Felt so bad, I killed a chicken.
I'm glad to hear you have some good looking eggs. I hope the LG works well for them.

When I have gotten my shipped Serama eggs I get a couple that do this but I attributed that to tiny eggs in a shook up shipping box. After a while, they did develop & the bubbles stopped rolling around when the veins pretty much set them in place.
I don't know why an egg brought in from your yard would do it, though. Maybe your chickens are dropping them or having egg tossing contests out there
big_smile.png

I wonder about this too....I have never seen it in any of my chicken eggs, until after they were shipped of course, But...I occasionally see it in my fresh runner duck eggs. I don't think they are rolling their eggs around. Maybe it's an egg defect for some reason when it's seen in your own fresh eggs. Would like to know what causes that.

One time I had my strong teenage boys shake an egg in each hand as hard as they could for as long as they could and they couldn't break the air cell. But, if they put one in a sock and spun it then suddenly stopped it, the egg scrambled. With or without breaking the air cell. For shipped eggs, I think it's the long term vibration and constant jiggling that does them in.

When I have gotten my shipped Serama eggs I get a couple that do this but I attributed that to tiny eggs in a shook up shipping box. After a while, they did develop & the bubbles stopped rolling around when the veins pretty much set them in place.
I don't know why an egg brought in from your yard would do it, though. Maybe your chickens are dropping them or having egg tossing contests out there :D

I don't know either farmboy. What color are the eggs?

I wonder about this too....I have never seen it in any of my chicken eggs, until after they were shipped of course, But...I occasionally see it in my fresh runner duck eggs. I don't think they are rolling their eggs around. Maybe it's an egg defect for some reason when it's seen in your own fresh eggs. Would like to know what causes that.

One time I had my strong teenage boys shake an egg in each hand as hard as they could for as long as they could and they couldn't break the air cell. But, if they put one in a sock and spun it then suddenly stopped it, the egg scrambled. With or without breaking the air cell. For shipped eggs, I think it's the long term vibration and constant jiggling that does them in.

When we were kids my ma would take a sock or sleeve of a shirt & scramble the eggs in shell like this then hard boil for us. We got scrambled yellow hard boiled eggs for lunch! There's a company that makes a sling thing that does the same thing. I want to say it was on Shark Tank.

But yeah, the vibration & jiggling seems like the most plausible reason for "carbonated eggs"

When we were kids my ma would take a sock or sleeve of a shirt & scramble the eggs in shell like this then hard boil for us. We got scrambled yellow hard boiled eggs for lunch! There's a company that makes a sling thing that does the same thing. I want to say it was on Shark Tank.

But yeah, the vibration & jiggling seems like the most plausible reason for "carbonated eggs"

I have a vibratory tumbler I use out in my shop for refinishing hardware. I bet that would scramble eggs in the shell!

example of clear on day 8.

example of ooze on day 11.

another oozer.

I'm not going to mess with the 7 remaining but should have taken a picture of the pretty Brabanter embryos. Fingers crossed that they make it.

Just an opinion but the size of that air cell on day 8 makes me think the eggs may not have been very fresh when set. The only time I have had eggs ooze is when they had sat dirty for a couple of weeks before being passed off to me as hatching eggs. Air cells were huge. When I collect my eggs, you can't even see the air cells.

Just an opinion but the size of that air cell on day 8 makes me think the eggs may not have been very fresh when set.  The only time I have had eggs ooze is when they had sat dirty for a couple of weeks before being passed off to me as hatching eggs.  Air cells were huge.  When I collect my eggs, you can't even see the air cells.

The seller said they were laid within the previous 48 hours when I bought them. I believe her. I was dry (25%) hatching for the week. I've noticed the rapid air cell growth and increased humidity. I'm running at 40% now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom