2015 "Shark Snipers" Annual Chickenstock get together!!! Mark your calendars!

Hey folks!

I'll be looking to buy a number of family-friendly pullets or young hens (at least 3-4 months old, preferably no older than 15 months) to go to great family homes in the Boston area. I'm happy to consider any breeds, including barnyard mixes, so long as they have good temperaments. Is anyone planning to bring started pullets to this event?

(In the longer term, the season is picking up and I'm expecting to provide micro-flocks to many more new chicken owners in the Boston area this year, so if you are within an hour or two of Boston I'd be glad to chat about what else you might have available in the next few months!)

Thank you - can't wait!
~Khrysti
www.YardbirdsBackyardChickens.com

Also, we will have a chicken poop bingo available as a 50/50 as well. Too fun!
yippiechickie.gif

I'll have to see how they lay over the next week. I have one request before yours on the frizzles, should have some though. I'll let you know closer to the day.

Okay, thanks! And if not at this chickenstock perhaps I could get them at the NY one :)

If anyone has sizzle hatching eggs, I would also be interested in those too.

He is all settled in and the two batches merged with not one issue ....

He is the only one with feathered feet ... so super easy to tell him apart.

Forgot to get the name of the lady I bought thebarred rock hen from , but this morning this sweet little addition answered my broody prayers :) she is currently sitting on the 6 eggsfrom chickenstock that wouldnt fit in my incu and 2 eggs she claimed this morning :)

All of my little ones are settled! The goslings have their own brooder and have settled right in, little cuties. They rode home on my lap since the brooder I brought for them was filled with chicks :rolleyes: The chicks all made the journey home fine and are settled too. I am in love with the cochins, they are so poofy and calm.

Baking, congrats! And a good thing too because we forgot to switch the CCL eggs into my egg carton to hatch, lol.

Still working on getting the incubator just right on the temp.  I need to get some Marbles from somewhere as I hear that helps with the temp maintenance.

A bottle of water and river rocks also work as a good heat sinks, so you can try that if you can't find marbles. And because we were talking about it, here's the thread for the other Chickenstock me and Baking were telling you about: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/948030/2015-new-york-chickenstock

Here's a quick picture I snapped of the sale cages and one of the raffle tables:

And my three sebbies on the way home. They were so well behaved :love

Back
Top Bottom