cool.png

And the other order came from Arizona just next door 1 hatched
wink.png

All happy and healthy
thumbsup.gif

gander007
old.gif
Cute, cute!

My eggs lay on their sides for incubation, so when I move them to the hatcher, I put them on their sides. I tried hatching in egg cartons, but the first hatchers would be scrambling around and, inevitably knock the carton over. Yours look like the empty shells stayed right in place. Maybe my chicks are just rowdy little trouble makers.

Quote:
Oh they scatter the egg shells around after popping out but there is so much room in the incubator the newly hatched chicks tend to lay on the un hatched eggs as it seems comfortable but even in my photos there the shells are nocked all over but the empty egg slots catch the broken pieces it is just my lighting was very poor and it was a mess to clean up .

I normally have eggs going in every week so my eggs go from one end of the incubation process in the incubator so my eggs hatch in place ..

Think I have 40 of 54 left. Lot of clears.

Hatched a set thurs got 17 of 18 eggs.

Hope this one goes as well.

I am now up to 6 broody turkey hens and 1 chicken.

Good luck on everyone's hatch on the 5th.

My April chickens are finally done hatching so disinfecting that incubator today and locking down the 5 heritage turkey eggs from a friend for my first ever turkey hatch....

This one hatched. See another with a pip.

I had some in a hurry to get into the world.

These are for Cinco de Mayo hal

Now up to 3 hatched and 3 more pipped.

Must have had hot spots. But saved eggs for almost 14 days for the set date. Also had a lot of different sized eggs these are mostly smaller ones that are. Hatching early if size makes a difference.

The LG overheat was brutal - I have only 14 turkey eggs going into the home stretch. I was thinking they might be late because of temps in the build, but four are drawn down & pushing. 18 of the 24 (shipped) Red Dorkings are still perking along; one has an odd air cell thing going on, but is definitely still going - maybe I'll get my rooster after all!

On my 4/17 hatch, I moved half the turkey eggs from the Brinsea to the build. Four fully formed poults failed to pip... so I revamped the hatching tray tonight. Had plastic shoe box with elevated wire floor, now have just open wire basket (still with sponge beneath) to make sure the airflow is unobstructed. Guess I'll know pretty soon.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom