~ 5th Annual Cinco de Mayo Hatchathon! ~

I thought it was customary to set the maximum incubator capacity, plus three...
wink.png
Hahaha. I have too many birds as it is but I think I might just have to do that..

Set date for chicken eggs is tomorrow! Still deciding how many (really which hen's eggs) I am going to set. Debating between only setting my most prolific layers verse my favorite hen who has the best temperament.

Last edited:
Hi!
frow.gif
I'm new to this HAL.

I'm just heading out to set OEGB eggs under my broody hens because the EE eggs I gave them ended up not being fertile.
New, young rooster I guess....lol.

I just realized it's the 14th so I looked up this thread to double check dates. I'd like to join the Hal and it would be with chicken eggs.

woot.gif

My 'build', while (sort of?) finished, has WAY too much variance on temps; dropping to 89.4 before starting and not kicking off until at least 107.1. New thermostat wafers due here tomorrow. I'm going to add a smaller fan to the top (facing downward) today, and drill vent holes at the very bottom. I did manage to figure out the wiring, so I have the sensor at the bottom and the digital display working (in addition to other thermostat & thermometers). Going to wait until late this evening to set the chicken eggs, and put them in the middle - I don't think they'll overheat there - at least, not before UPS gets here tomorrow.
Still need to get the temps evened out, though. Anyone with suggestions is welcome to toss them out!

Last edited:
Setting my eggs today. 32 barnyard mutts. And one broody hen has 7. She started last night. I am new so not sure she will stay broody. 32 in my incubator.

Well, I'm taking a risk. I moved my 2 broody turkeys to a friend's house this morning. After exploring and checking things out, they fell for the fake eggs. Unfortunately, they are still co-brooding, but there's not much I can do about that. Tonight, I pulled 10 eggs out of the bator and gave them to the hens. If they are still sitting tomorrow, I might give them a few more. I still have 10 turkey eggs in the bator.

I decided to set chicken eggs yesterday because they tend to hatch a day behind my poults. I set 29. Couldn't leave empty spaces, so I set 11 more today, after I pulled the turkey eggs. If I decide to give more to the hens, I'll add some chicken eggs tomorrow too. I need to hatch a good number this year and I'd like to get it done before it gets too hot.

Edit to say I have 12 turkey eggs in the bator, not 10.

Last edited:
So I didn't end up setting today... Egg pick up was delayed but I should be setting tomorrow.
-Banti

Last edited:
Just set 17. Can I still join, even though I was a day late?
-Banti

This one isn't as 'formal' as the others... You're here, so - welcome to the CDM Hatch-along!
hugs.gif

I put 24 Red Dorkings in the 'build' yesterday. Went to deliver a feed order at 6pm, with all 3 incubators between 99.0 and 100.4 Got home at 9:30 to find the LG AT 109. Will be candling the turkey eggs a bit early... checked five, two had blood rings. At least they're still laying.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom