7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Ratty died
sad.png
He just wasn't growing and stopped wanting to eat.

Oh nooooo i'm so sorry. I know it hurts worse when it's the ones u were personally nursing.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Where u been?
I been busy.
or is that
I be busy.

Not been on for a few days. Trying to catch up. @ronott1 where did u find this table? Would like to move to my desktop but don't know how from here.

Ron beat me to it but it is a Wikipedia item. It also lists Canadian and European sizes.

Just understand that the difference between a regular horse (any breed) and a Mustang is a similar difference between a dog and a wolf. Mustangs can and will react to certain stimulus even though they were born off the range. It can go to 5 generations before they loose some of the instinctive reactions and if something reinforces it the behavior passes on. Don't ever scream around them if you are a woman because the apex predator on Mustangs are cougars. A cougar sounds like a woman screaming. Really research and understand them. They can be awesome partners but you need to be really on your toes. They are paranoid about having their feet touched and worked with because in the wild damaging your feet is a death sentence. Bribe them with alfalfa cubes when you work with their feet. Food builds trust. When they know they can trust you with their life they won't fuss about you working with their feet.

Don't worry. I have been reasearching and learning about them for a long time. If I ever decided to adopt one my good friend can help. She is really good with horses.
1f44d.png

I am hearing rumors of an Easter 2016 Hatch-A-Long in the works!!! Is that true!!! Please! Please! Please, say it is so!!!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

If that is the case, I need Easter Eggs!! LOL! Not Easter Eggers but eggs for Easter!! Don't get me wrong, I love my EEs, but I also like variety and having tons of different breeds. I need some color and flash in my flock. I am currently being overrun by red sexlinks thanks to my neighbor giving me several young pullets. (I just love how willing to share, true chicken people are.) I want bantams and silkies and buff polish and many many more. I may even bring back "incubator wars" for the occasion. hehehe. I am loaning an incubator to a local kindergarten class later in the spring for a class project. Their hatch will most likely be earlier in march due to spring break taking place the week before Easter, but I can store up and post all that info. hehehe.

I know the New Year's hatch has barely wrapped up, and I have three brooders full of chicks, and 12 quail eggs in the hatcher, and 47 more eggs in the incubator, but I am so eggcited about the possibilities for Easter!!
celebrate.gif

I am hearing rumors of an Easter 2016 Hatch-A-Long in the works!!! Is that true!!! Please! Please! Please, say it is so!!!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

If that is the case, I need Easter Eggs!! LOL! Not Easter Eggers but eggs for Easter!! Don't get me wrong, I love my EEs, but I also like variety and having tons of different breeds. I need some color and flash in my flock. I am currently being overrun by red sexlinks thanks to my neighbor giving me several young pullets. (I just love how willing to share, true chicken people are.) I want bantams and silkies and buff polish and many many more. I may even bring back "incubator wars" for the occasion. hehehe. I am loaning an incubator to a local kindergarten class later in the spring for a class project. Their hatch will most likely be earlier in march due to spring break taking place the week before Easter, but I can store up and post all that info. hehehe.

I know the New Year's hatch has barely wrapped up, and I have three brooders full of chicks, and 12 quail eggs in the hatcher, and 47 more eggs in the incubator, but I am so eggcited about the possibilities for Easter!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

I'm so excited for the Easter Hatch-A-Long too!!!
wee.gif
I'm already looking at hatching eggs for sale
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom