7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

After having backed out of this hatch a long because I wasn't getting any eggs.

Well guess who decided to pick back up in laying?

Haha. Done refrigerated the other eggs so I'm still out. Just thought it was funny they seemed to know I was wanting to set so they quit, then decided not to and they start laying again. Silly hens.

Well anyway I'll shoot for an early March hatch. Then it will be time for the Easter hatch a long.

See!!!!! Now that is what I want to make!!!

Thank u! Im still working out the kinks on it. But this is my first hatch using it. I also have one right next to it as a hatcher and the one in the pic is the incubator :D so i can constantly have eggs being incubating and rotating weekly if i wanted ;) future hatch aholic right here lol

best of luck to you. My poor eggs may stay just that now.
Now I have the opposite problem of gonzo who has a working Bator and no eggs.

I hope you get it worked out! I have a few cooler bators that I threw together in a day, heated with a light bulb. They do work best with a thermostat (cheap eBay) but I have had a good hatch using just a dimmer extension cord! I put in a computer fan powered by a phone charger. Good luck! I haven't hatched for a while so I am trying to remember all the details... I always forget something.

Omg. So i was turning the eggs for the second time today, and my cat literally tripped against the side and sent them all jumbly waumpus and into each other. No cracks or anything, but my heart fell into my socks pretty much. All i can do is wait till candling on day 7. My 7 year old daughter is devistated, as she witnessed it happen and she has wanted salmon faverolles since we got birds two years ago. Im not too keen on the state of my shipped eggs anyway, as i initially had them in the turner (after resting upon arrival) then took them out to do it by hand and found one had adhered via a leak onto the side if the turner. Old eggs? Maybe. All were uber porous but intact. I cracked it completely open upon getting it unstuck and the yolk was at half mast vs totally plump or totally flat. Gah. Sorry, i just had to rant!
1f623.png
ouch! Funny, I'm not happy with my cat either. She killed a rat and was playing with it in my bathtub.

She also tipped my bator over during hatching over Thanksgiving cause the baby quail sounded delicious. All turned out OK though

I just set my eggs. A little late but oh well. I was waiting to see what the girls provided me with today. I'll probably add a few more tomorrow and Sunday, just because I want more Marans in here lol

Well, better late than never! I finally got my eggs set, a baker's dozen :)
If they're fertile and all goes well, I'll have some cute little Silkies, Frilkies and Sizzles to help me ring in the new year :fl

I hope you get it worked out! I have a few cooler bators that I threw together in a day, heated with a light bulb. They do work best with a thermostat (cheap eBay) but I have had a good hatch using just a dimmer extension cord! I put in a computer fan powered by a phone charger. Good luck! I haven't hatched for a while so I am trying to remember all the details... I always forget something.

I use a wafer and they're sensitive. Try what Ron and Sally suggested. It's a very simple system. I made my incubator and wired it (I'd never wired) but I used 2 lights instead of an element. It looks like your bator is metal so I'm not sure a person could hack into it? Hopefully it's just something super simple.
fl.gif

Well, my second project pen did not start laying yet.
tongue.gif
So, do I set some more eggs from my first project pen or set some eggs from my mixed lines Isbar pen, or do I just leave it with the Svarthöna eggs that I set yesterday. Decisions, decisions...
idunno.gif

I know, this is like asking a room full of kids if they want candy or vegetables for dinner!
lol.png

It is great that you have a backup for the hatch a long!

I hope the project pen starts up soon.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT..THE KID AND CANDY PART!
lau.gif
This is it? I can't believe NOBODY told me to set more eggs!
th.gif
You guys are slipping. Do I take your silence to mean that you think I should just hold with what was already in there? REALLY??? Back to enablers school with you!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom