7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Who won ??

lol. I'm waiting for ronott1 to post a
he.gif
and a
smack.gif

Checked my thermometers and one was 3 degrees and the other 5 degrees off. Guess I didn't check them correctly last time? Double checked this time. SIL gave me a few eggs she didn't have room for in her incubator. Maybe better luck this time! Loved seeing all the pics of the hatched eggs! Thank you for hosting!
disgusting how far off caliber all this equipment is.

And it was a honest mistake for a newbie. Everyone has to learn no need to be "disgusted".

Nononooo you took me all wrong. It's disgusting how all this 'accurate' equipment we all pay good money for is so inaccurate! So much so, that we have to buy several pieces of the same item, calibrate them ourselves and take back up measures! All due to crummy manufacturing.

Nononooo you took me all wrong. It's disgusting how all this 'accurate' equipment we all pay good money for is so inaccurate! So much so, that we have to buy several pieces of the same item, calibrate them ourselves and take back up measures! All due to crummy manufacturing.

I'm sorry! I guess I just read it complete wrong! Oh I understand! I wish everything came as it was suppose to and we didn't have to adjust! But I figure if it was easy everyone would do it.

I just want to know if I got got something out of this worst incubation ever

i think chicken hawk 33 is waiting for the results from 'worst hatch' contest

Well, I'd rather have the worst hatch ever than bury baby chicks. I've had the worst post-hatch success after a very bad hatch... I thought I was done after losing 5 chicks, but I have another one that is not right - I think its blind. Did very well in the temp brooder right after hatch with the other chicks, but increasingly a FTT over the last 2 days. Responds well to sounds, and will drink when placed by water, but does not find way back on own. Initially did very well following/moving with the other chicks, but as this one is getting weaker cannot keep up. I've had a few very long days at work - but was first concerned yesterday night when I got home. I've been able to spend more time with it and watch it this evening - I'd rather not hatch an egg than lose 50% of the hatched eggs :-(
hit.gif

Well, I'd rather have the worst hatch ever than bury baby chicks.  I've had the worst post-hatch success after a very bad hatch... I thought I was done after losing 5 chicks, but I have another one that is not right - I think its blind.  Did very well in the temp brooder right after hatch with the other chicks, but increasingly a FTT over the last 2 days.  Responds well to sounds, and will drink when placed by water, but does not find way back on own.  Initially did very well following/moving with the other chicks, but as this one is getting weaker cannot keep up.  I've had a few very long days at work - but was first concerned yesterday night when I got home. I've been able to spend more time with it and watch it this evening - I'd rather not hatch an egg than lose 50% of the hatched eggs :-:)hit
not when u find dead baby's in the eggs.out of 37/0 hatched.

Back
Top Bottom