8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

I'm jealous of all the people that can candle their eggs and tell if the embryo is alive. As much as I love my eggs, all I can see is transparency or a big dark mass.
I have the same problem. I can't see what's gong on, just veins, a dark spot, blood ring, or clear. I wonder if the light I'm using for candling isn't strong enough.

I'm hoping I didn't kill my chicks :'( I miscounted and took them out of the turner a day early. Today is day 21 and I'm not seeing the eggs move at all. My other hatches I have always seen the eggs wiggle the day before, but this time- nothing. Would locking them down a day early really do much damage? Or am I just impatient?

I read where someone said that they don't even turn their eggs past the 14th day. If you have a liner in your incubator you might not see any movement at all. This is my third hatch and I'm not using a liner, so lots of movement here, but on my first two hatches I saw almost no movement at all because there was a liner in there.

Best of luck to you!!!!

Got 5 babies out of the 5 eggs that survived scrambling by the USPS!

For everyone who can't stay home to watch their babies hatch, here are a few pictures of my first baby! There is a small pip on the egg next to the one with a more advanced pip. Enjoy!

Here comes the zip!!!

Almost out!!!

This little peeper is half White leghorn and half easter egger. Oh, and day 21 for these guys starts at 9m tonight, so this one is a little early.

I'm hoping I didn't kill my chicks :'( I miscounted and took them out of the turner a day early. Today is day 21 and I'm not seeing the eggs move at all. My other hatches I have always seen the eggs wiggle the day before, but this time- nothing. Would locking them down a day early really do much damage? Or am I just impatient?
they should be perfectly fine!!

For everyone who can't stay home to watch their babies hatch, here are a few pictures of my first baby! There is a small pip on the egg next to the one with a more advanced pip. Enjoy!

This little peeper is half White leghorn and half easter egger. Oh, and day 21 for these guys starts at 9m tonight, so this one is a little early.
great play-by-play!! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom