8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

I am watching from home, but I swear one day I will spend New Years at time square!!! Looks like so much fun!! Its on the bucket list for sure!! ~Happy New Years~ everyone!!!! Be safe!!!!

Funny. I would never want to do this. To me it's to crowded, standing in the cold for hours and then trying to navigate back to where you came from.:rolleyes:

My malpositioned is out!!! I did a little "zipping" help and it was finally able to kick and open up and hatched right out!! It is chirping and trying to stand up! Has a little membrane stuck to it's head I think...

Awesome!

I have THIRTY THREE CHICKS now!!!
lol.png

12 from my White leghorn rooster, Captain Jack.
20 from Garfunkel, my True Ameraucana, wheaten variety
and one from my sneaky buff laced Polish, Ringo

one more pip and two eggs that have done NOTHING.
Day 22 started at 9pm last night so I'll give those two some extra time.
Great job!

post got real quiet today... guess everyone is hungover or enjoying the new babies!

I'm sitting back here like, hey we go into lock down at 2000 tonight!

I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED!
Good luck!

Woke up this morning to chicks that are fluffing out much better and THREE new babies. And to top it off, TWO are naked necks! I'm so excited about that! The third is a cute little Ameraucana :) It does look like the wrong end pip egg gave a valiant attempt but just couldn't correct. I can't even use the tube to flip it over because its attempts basically made that side of the egg flat. I have one chick that might have gotten shrink wrapped in my attempts to get the humidity down. The other chicks pushed it near the vent hole so I put a bit of water on the membrane and found the chick still alive. I don't know if I should try to put a bit more on it or just let it be. I have another Am egg that I thought was shrink wrapped as well and it's in a corner of the bator I can't get the tubing to, but it looks like it has broken through the membrane, so maybe I'm okay with that one? Time will tell I guess. I have one other Am egg that has a small pip, but there are still like three others that I haven't seen anything yet. I'm gonna try to sit on my hands and hope the rest didn't suffer from my humidity drama :/

Anyway. Here's a few photos of the noobies.

NN's! Where? I wanna see. Take those babies out! It's been 24 hrs. for some anyway..right?

Man, there are a lot more posts to catch up on. Have to get out and take care of chickens before church at 11. I will be busy catching up when I get home.

Saw a blue baby .. adorable! It could be a splash alright. Pretty color of blue right now. :)

Have fun watching your babies hatch today!!

Keep posting..keep posting. Photos help us get closer to the random number!!

NN's! Where? I wanna see. Take those babies out! It's been 24 hrs. for some anyway..right?
There are quite a few that are coming up on 24 hours. I need to make a plan of action if I'm going to go ahead and pull the fluffies out and not harm the two that I know have pips.

LL

NN! Can't wait to see fluffy photos.

I can't wait either!

EE

Flowers

You have a very nice group there!
post got real quiet today... guess everyone is hungover or enjoying the new babies!

I'm sitting back here like, hey we go into lock down at 2000 tonight!

I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED!
Keep us posted on how they do!

The two I was worried about have hatched! Thirteen is my total now. Two others have pipped. I need a nap
th.gif

It is very exciting to see the stragglers hatch!

There are quite a few that are coming up on 24 hours. I need to make a plan of action if I'm going to go ahead and pull the fluffies out and not harm the two that I know have pips.

I can't wait either!
It is best to take them out. I do not let chicks stay in for more than 24 hours. You can get the oldest chicks out and toss in a wet paper towel(wadded up). Make sure to not cover any pipped eggs though!

Back
Top Bottom