a Turken that lays a green or blue egg?

Quote:
Hi! That's a strange egg to include as an extra. I hope she lays soon.
Hi Kev, I'm curious (and don't remember if you said before), were your single comb NN green-eggers intentional or a happy accident?
smile.png

Lisa

Thought that was strange too but would not have complained if it came out naked necked..
wink.png

I did an egg trade with someone, they sent me blue eggs that hatched out a full range of chicken types(crests, leg feather, pink, black purple skin, all sorts of colors). Most were naked necked and pea combed.. there was just one single combed hen(she laid nice blue eggs). I still didn't know about the colored egg being linked to pea combs at that time.. by the time I'd discovered that, there were only two birds remaining from this batch, one with pea and the single combed hen. You can bet I paired the single comb hen with a single comb rooster and tried to hatch as many eggs! She was getting old and was starting to lay few eggs. So it was both a happy accident nearly missed out on and then intentionally bred to keep them around. Lately have been breeding them towards heavy "standard turken type"(no crest, leg feathering etc) although a few of the black skinned ones also lay green/blue eggs.

Quote:
Just ask any of us! Most of us would be more than happy to.

I know Lisa is the expert egg shipper, I've seen rave reviews about her packing and shipping abilities.

I've not shipped eggs in a long time but if you want I can try it again. Most of them will hatch out black or cuckoo like in the picture above, have another pen with blues, blue tailed buff, bred with the same rooster blue, blue barreds and possibly a few buff/red barreds would show up.

Just for clarification purposes, there is no "pure" turkens that lay green/blue eggs. While they may be naked necks, they are not pure turkens.

Quote:
Hi! There is no Turken mentioned in the ASOP. Pure Naked Necks are just that --- Naked Necks.
Naked Neck crosses that have naked necks are Naked Necks as well, they just don't fit the 'standard of perfection' for Naked Necks.
Sue, I'll be glad to save a few eggs for you unless find some somewhere else.
smile.png

Lisa

Lisa, Of course id want some of your eggs
smile.png
it just has to wait.. .until after this hatch.. maybe.. unless i fire up the second incubator.. but i do have to wait a bit to see what eggs will make it in this hatch(or at least past day 10 lol) so that way i can see if i have the room
wink.png
but then again, waiting would only make it two weeks more.. longer.. ugh. im so torn. i really do want some that would lay the green/blue eggs. i know they are not pure bred. i just say turken as a general for naked necks lol.
smile.png
i have a naked neck rooster i hatched out from some of my eggs last year. he's black.. with light yellow/blond colored saddle feathers. pretty neat looking. i believe he's mixed with an EE. he's got a muff. looks like an amish man with a beard lol. so.. i named him Jebediah lol. i know.. bad. lol:)

i will have to take some this weekend lol. i only have baby pics right now. i havent' been taking pics lately. it's been a busy fall/winter/spring lol. i haven't hardly taken pics of the kids haha.

I love your description of your "Amish" rooster! Too funny! I have an "Amish" hen, but we call her Mrs. Abraham Lincoln.
26636_amishchicken.jpg

We should get them together, wouldn't that be great!!!
gig.gif

I can't wait to see pics of your rooster!!!

o my. lol. i was pretty shocked at the beard on your hen lol. we could have a whole breed of Amish Turkens LMAO.
smile.png
ill def. be taking pics this weekend.
Lisa i tried to PM you last night but will be emailing you shortly(maybe in the AM as i have a migraine right now and am headed to bed.. yeah at not even 8 ugh)

Back
Top Bottom