acv with "mother"

Good point, it may flavor the water unfavorably...is there a way of testing your homemade ACV to be sure I haven't cultured the wrong kind of bacteria? Just don't want to give myself or my chickens cholera or anything!

I feed fermented whole grains to my birds, and I add Raw Organic ACV to my fermenting bucket. I also take a tablespoon or two myself before I go to bed. Good stuff!

~ Aspen

I feed fermented whole grains to my birds, and I add Raw Organic ACV to my fermenting bucket. I also take a tablespoon or two myself before I go to bed. Good stuff!

~ Aspen
I had to to water, sometimes with raw honey and drink that. Also doing the fermented feed, although I built feeders so I wouldn't have to fill feeders in 16 pens everyday. First week, so I'm trying to keep going to see if I notice a difference like a lot of others have. IT does stretch the feed though which is great!

I had to to water, sometimes with raw honey and drink that. Also doing the fermented feed, although I built feeders so I wouldn't have to fill feeders in 16 pens everyday. First week, so I'm trying to keep going to see if I notice a difference like a lot of others have. IT does stretch the feed though which is great!
Yes, I've noticed my birds do not eat near as much feed as they used to and they all still seem to be happy and healthy.

We have raw/organic ACV that we drink and man that stuff is stout! I've been taking the acv for awhile now, so it's not to bad but it still gives me shivers after I drink it. ; ) LOL

~ Aspen

I started using it when I was 13 or 14. Man that's over 40 years.. yipes!!! My great great grandfather and grandmother drank it every day. They did other things too, but she lived for 92 and he lived for 104 years. I've used it for lots of things. If I didn't take it daily (which I haven't been and can tell) I can barely move. It helps with arthritis and from all the broken bones I've had. My husband was a surgical RN and I would do things that made him shake his head, but after he'd see them work and some doctor would tell me they didn't work, we'd walk out and he's say "yeah I know. Just keep doing what you're doing." I used ACV once when I had had calcium deposits in my shoulder for over a year. Didn't even know what it was till they got so bad (like they weren't before) and he took me to a surgeon he knew. They were going to go in and grind them down. Three weeks worth of ACV and they were gone and I had lost 6 pounds to boot! LOL There's only been a few times like that one where I hadn't taken it regularly and man what a difference. Oh it worked on heel spurs too. They grind those also. Took it and again, no grinding. I don't wear a lot of pumps anymore either, but I did even back then.

I think I like this fermenting. My Marans pen has been having a lot of eat eating going on. I treated for parasites inside and out and was still going on. This is day 3 or 4???? And 6 eggs and nothing touched! More hens are out in the boxes now. And the eggs look amazing!

Its been soo hot here down on the border that the acv is like gatorade for the ladies. Nothing really comes out of the pipes cold so I take a quart waterer and add ice. Then a teaspoon of acv and the rest is with water. the birds love it. and the "poop" does too. Like I said, its hot! And the poop doesn't smell so bad. That alone is why I would use acv. I know I should start taking it, just haven't done it yet.

Ive started adding ACV to our chickens bucket with nipples attached and am noticing white 'mother-like' stuff growing on top...is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom