Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Quote:
sure....
2011-09-17_15-13-08_7-1.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

WOW Just WOW The second shot of that batch makes her look coy like a flirt ! And the third splendid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did Vague contact you ? Was there a query for pictures to be submitted ? Very interesting that even Vogue has picked up on the BYC "trendiness"

Quote:
I think I mentioned it here. The issue will be out on news stands November 15th. For those of you that missed it, Miss Madonna (the lavender hen above)will be in Vogue magazine along with a colorful egg basket of mine. I don't know what shot they are using of her but she was definatly meant to be a model!
big_smile.png

She is beyond stunning Karen!!! I love her coloring-perfect!!!

x2

She really IS gorgeous!

Quote:
The last girl and the girl on the far left.

Yes, if all mothers were silver, you'd get sex-links. Which is what I see.

Sounds like the mother hens were mostly duckwing then, but it really is hard to say without photos of parents and grandparents on the EE side. Some of those girls truly do look pure Wheaten, no duckwing.

But you're saying there is Leghorn behind them? How far back, again? I would've expected to see at least one mostly black or mostly white in the lot.

Again sorry for the EE talk.
hide.gif
Next time folks use the EE thread or PM inbox
tongue.png

A color genetic question for those who are so educated: The white AM rooster and hens that I have carry the recessive white gene according to the owner of the parent stock. All offsprings are solid white, wouldn't these birds also carry one dominate white gene since they breed true.

Back
Top Bottom