Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Thanks for the welcome:

not sure yet where I am ordering my Faverolles from yet! I was thinking about Whelp Hatchery. I got my Ameraucanas from Cackle Hatchery, but I am not impressed with their customer service skills, so I wont be ordering from there again!

The kids are doing GREAT! they are so funny little zoomers. we built them a little 1 inch roost for their brooder and they love it!

My Old English Bantams ran into a baby snake yesterday, boy, was that a sight to see! I never laughed so hard! The Rooster (Red Pyle OEB named AL) decided he was going to take control of the situation, when the snake lunged at him, he jumped so high and freaked he did the splits and pooped at the same time! it was very funny! The snake won and got away!

Thanks for the welcome:

not sure yet where I am ordering my Faverolles from yet! I was thinking about Whelp Hatchery. I got my Ameraucanas from Cackle Hatchery, but I am not impressed with their customer service skills, so I wont be ordering from there again!

The kids are doing GREAT! they are so funny little zoomers. we built them a little 1 inch roost for their brooder and they love it!

My Old English Bantams ran into a baby snake yesterday, boy, was that a sight to see! I never laughed so hard! The Rooster (Red Pyle OEB named AL) decided he was going to take control of the situation, when the snake lunged at him, he jumped so high and freaked he did the splits and pooped at the same time! it was very funny! The snake won and got away!
This made me laugh soooo hard!
lau.gif

I noticed one of my chicks isn't growing any tail feathers. The rest of his feathering is normal like the other chicks. They are a couple weeks old and all the other chicks have tails. He's not being picked on or anything. I watch them all the time. You can see a little pointy bone? sticking out of the end of where his tail should be, no stubs or anything. Has anyone seen this before?

Last edited:
STEEN

Do you have any hens in progress that are red pyle? If so, would love to see pictures of them also. I have been working on the red pyle color for some time now. Have a few birds but not much progress worth sharing as yet. Glad to know somone shares my interest with the red pyle! Difficult to have many breeding projects with the high costs involved with feed these days, huh? Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
STEEN

Do you have any hens in progress that are red pyle? If so, would love to see pictures of them also. I have been working on the red pyle color for some time now. Have a few birds but not much progress worth sharing as yet. Glad to know somone shares my interest with the red pyle! Difficult to have many breeding projects with the high costs involved with feed these days, huh? Thanks for sharing!
There is the one behind him you cant see. and i have one other. their the only two hens i have in that color form and they came out beardless
hit.gif
. the one pullet is super close to the red pyle color with the salmon chest and everything, the second has the gold color in her chest (same color as males hackles) and more color threw her body than should be for red pyle. i don't know yet what they will produce. Im hoping to hatch a bunch of eggs from them and maybe i might just get lucky. If i can get a cpl offspring that fix the problems i have in these 3 and move one step closer to breeding true ill be super happy. Since you are one of the few who's also trying this color we should swap some genes some day if we think we can fix some some of our issues for each other.

Very handsome! He looks so much like my Whitey!

This is a picture of him back in July 2010, don't have in anymore : (
AHHHH man im sorry to hear you lost him. thats so sad. Where did you get him from.. Do you know a breeder working on the red pyle color pattern. Whitey was way closer to it than the one I have.

Back
Top Bottom