Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Hiya from the other side! lol :frow

I ran my Easter batch at that level and most were DIS... lots of excess liquid in the shells... after that I ran dry, humidity around 30% then 65% after first pip, and hatched 37 out of 42...

Don't give up, maybe just try something different? :)

It works! At RavynFallen told me this and I tried it in May and I had 11 out of 24 hatch. Probably would've had better odds with practice since it was my first try!

I think mine popped up because I crossed a bw male and a white bantam, so my whites are splits.
If you had your blacks split to white back in the day then that would make sense to see a random white down the road.
Will you be at the show near knoxville on dec 7th? Im looking for a non-related wheaten or blue wheaten bantam rooster

I think mine popped up because I crossed a bw male and a white bantam, so my whites are splits.
If you had your blacks split to white back in the day then that would make sense to see a random white down the road.
Will you be at the show near knoxville on dec 7th? Im looking for a non-related wheaten or blue wheaten bantam rooster
I will try to make it, just so I can see what a show is like and meet some people. I do not have bantams and I only have two BW large fowl hens(young) and one I think, splash wheaten hen that is about a year and a half.

Here's my last americauna I have left. My roo killed my other one. This is Goldie. Gracie was gray and gold. She was a sweetie. Love my girls.

Well I spelled it wrong. Gracie was same but a blue gray. Atwood apparently doesn't now what they have. I am lookinga t a local farmers that has Ameraucana. But still love her.

Well I spelled it wrong. Gracie was same but a blue gray. Atwood apparently doesn't now what they have. I am lookinga t a local farmers that has Ameraucana. But still love her.

I think some places try crossing Ameraucana to Ameraucana but they end up with EE because they don't follow genetics. If roo is Wheaten Ameraucana and hen is Buff Ameraucana, the cross results in Easter Eggers. Am I right @junebuggena ?

Back
Top Bottom