Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

That was fast. Looks like a little boy. I can't wait until he's fluffy!!! What should I name this little one, I'm thinking Count Chocula?

Which is the best hatchery to order real [COLOR=333333]Ameraucanas from?  I tried hatching my own from some eggs I traded for with another BYC owner, but a bad storm knocked out power while I was out of town and I lost the whole batch.  I am tying to work another trade, but thought I might just order some from a hatchery. I don't need anything special, but I would like real Ameraucanas that are not EEs.  Thanks[/COLOR]

You can order them from Ameraucana.org There is a list of breeders on there.

Which is the best hatchery to order real Ameraucanas from? I tried hatching my own from some eggs I traded for with another BYC owner, but a bad storm knocked out power while I was out of town and I lost the whole batch. I am tying to work another trade, but thought I might just order some from a hatchery. I don't need anything special, but I would like real Ameraucanas that are not EEs. Thanks
Commercial hatcheries are great for hybrid meat birds and egg layers. For exhibition breeds of poultry always consider buying from very reputable breeders first.
http://ameraucana.org/DnLd/Directory.pdf

This is just fyi for those who visit the Ameraucana Breeders Club website. Our primary domain name, ameraucana.org, was hijacked and redirected to another website.

We are in the process of moving everything to a new hosting account, but the existing site and forum will be down later tonight. I will post when the site is back up.

More information is available on either the American Poultry Association or the Official American Poultry Association pages in Facebook, or on the Ameraucana Breeders Club page on Facebook.

Thank you for your patience while we go through this transition.

Susan Mouw
Secretary/Treasurer
Ameraucana Breeders Club

Please do not respond to this post. I am in the middle of transferring files and databases. If you have a question or concern, please contact me through [email protected]

Hi Everyone! Do you think this is a Blue Wheaten Rooster?
Sometimes the lighting can make a picture appear different, but this does not appear to be a blue wheaten roo. It looks like a female to me, but again, the color coming through on my phone could be off. Lol. I'll attach a photo of a young blue wheaten roo to give you an idea on what to look for. :)

Sometimes the lighting can make a picture appear different, but this does not appear to be a blue wheaten roo. It looks like a female to me, but again, the color coming through on my phone could be off. Lol. I'll attach a photo of a young blue wheaten roo to give you an idea on what to look for.
smile.png

How old is the one in your picture? Do you have any pictures of him younger? Mine are 3 weeks and a couple days old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom