Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Good morning Susan! That's just a **** good idea isn't it?!
Here's a cool story for you
1f49b.png
yesterday I was sitting in the pen and Eve was on my lap soaking up the TLC. She's very responsive to me, LOVES attention from me, and she seeks me out without treats
1f49b.png
so we're sitting there and I called out to Brandy, my wheaten female who was across the pen...Brandy glanced my way at the sound of her name and continued on her business, as soon as I called to Brandy Eve immediately looked straight at Brandy and called out for her!! 3 cockerels came trotting over, Brandy ignored me! Lol I was very surprised but after having birds for a year now I shouldn't be. She definitely recognizes the names of the birds with names. Lol. It was one of those neat little moments that leave you slightly baffled!
My Eve is so precious! She has a forever home for life! And I must say she is quite the elagent little lady
2764.png
Again the more tame they are the more their intelligence is obvious!
Oh and Brandy is aloof, but she knew her name within a couple of hours... when I named her she shot me a glance like what took you so long?! No wonder we all love our Ameraucanas so much! Eve is very special, hands down my favorite and she absolutely knows it!
1f60a.png

So the moral of the story is name those birds!!! Lol. Especially the ones that we have more contact with
2764.png
2764.png

Love this story!

Good morning Susan! That's just a **** good idea isn't it?!
Here's a cool story for you
1f49b.png
yesterday I was sitting in the pen and Eve was on my lap soaking up the TLC. She's very responsive to me, LOVES attention from me, and she seeks me out without treats
1f49b.png
so we're sitting there and I called out to Brandy, my wheaten female who was across the pen...Brandy glanced my way at the sound of her name and continued on her business, as soon as I called to Brandy Eve immediately looked straight at Brandy and called out for her!! 3 cockerels came trotting over, Brandy ignored me! Lol I was very surprised but after having birds for a year now I shouldn't be. She definitely recognizes the names of the birds with names. Lol. It was one of those neat little moments that leave you slightly baffled!
My Eve is so precious! She has a forever home for life! And I must say she is quite the elagent little lady
2764.png
Again the more tame they are the more their intelligence is obvious!
Oh and Brandy is aloof, but she knew her name within a couple of hours... when I named her she shot me a glance like what took you so long?! No wonder we all love our Ameraucanas so much! Eve is very special, hands down my favorite and she absolutely knows it!
1f60a.png

So the moral of the story is name those birds!!! Lol. Especially the ones that we have more contact with
2764.png
2764.png

Wow! I thought I was bad about spoiling the chickens! lol

Question for all of you, what has your experience been with chick eye color vs adult eye color. My little splash cockerel has eyes that are very pale blueish green and my little splash pullet has eyes that are a very dark brown.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom