Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Well.... quarantine time is over for my new Ameraucana babies. They are all from Susan's stock, so it's safe to say they are totally awesome.
wink.png

My wheaten cockerel, Garfunkel, lost is his head when he saw Goldie, a blue wheaten pullet - he literally chased her all over the place. The black Ameraucana group wasn't very well received by the olive eggers, unfortunately, so I put all of the new guys and gals with the young Polish chickens until the add-on is done this week. The black Ameraucana birds and blue wheaten cockerel keep to themselves as a group, but they don't bother the Polish and they Polish don't bother them. They don't fight, so that's good. Goldie seems to prefer the company of the calm buff laced polish. I added extra roost space to accommodate the extras in that pen. I'll be checking on them several times over the next few days to make sure everyone is okay.

How old are your Ams?

These are the cockerels I need to rehome in Los Angeles.

Check with Wes's Pets and Feed in El Monte about putting your cockerels in his store. If you have pure Ameraucanas they might be a very preferred cockerel to put on display/for sale/or adoption in Wes's store.

Well.... quarantine time is over for my new Ameraucana babies. They are all from Susan's stock, so it's safe to say they are totally awesome.
wink.png

My wheaten cockerel, Garfunkel, lost is his head when he saw Goldie, a blue wheaten pullet - he literally chased her all over the place. The black Ameraucana group wasn't very well received by the olive eggers, unfortunately, so I put all of the new guys and gals with the young Polish chickens until the add-on is done this week. The black Ameraucana birds and blue wheaten cockerel keep to themselves as a group, but they don't bother the Polish and they Polish don't bother them. They don't fight, so that's good. Goldie seems to prefer the company of the calm buff laced polish. I added extra roost space to accommodate the extras in that pen. I'll be checking on them several times over the next few days to make sure everyone is okay.

Quote:

The blacks and blue wheaten boy are about 12 weeks, Goldie is 17 weeks and Garfunkel is 24 weeks. The Polish that Goldie likes to group with are only 10 weeks lol.
I snapped some pictures this morning during my early morning walk through. Oh, their beards look a bit wimpy, but that's only because they've been eating watermelon and have made such messes of themselves.

Goldie has a natural pose. She is so pretty.

Garfunkel skulks around the divider fence, trying to woo Goldie. He ignores to olive eggers and they are so jealous.

They have plenty of room, but they seem to like staying in a tight group. I'm thinking it makes them feel safe in their new environment.

Two of the blacks

Some pictures of the new add-on that's in the works... it is 16 x 16 with a wall down the middle. Each half will hold about 8 birds.

Quote:

The blacks and blue wheaten boy are about 12 weeks, Goldie is 17 weeks and Garfunkel is 24 weeks. The Polish that Goldie likes to group with are only 10 weeks lol.
I snapped some pictures this morning during my early morning walk through. Oh, their beards look a bit wimpy, but that's only because they've been eating watermelon and have made such messes of themselves.

Goldie has a natural pose. She is so pretty.

Garfunkel skulks around the divider fence, trying to woo Goldie. He ignores to olive eggers and they are so jealous.

They have plenty of room, but they seem to like staying in a tight group. I'm thinking it makes them feel safe in their new environment.

Two of the blacks

Some pictures of the new add-on that's in the works... it is 16 x 16 with a wall down the middle. Each half will hold about 8 birds.

Your birds are beautiful. I love Garfunkel.

Not sure what a pure breed looks like,but here's mine

Your picture didn't show up, but if you're not sure what a true Ameraucana should look like, you might want to see the various images in the gallery on the Ameraucana Breeders Club website. You can also go through the Meet Results library, which shows the winning birds from various meets over the years.

Both of these links will show all eight of the APA/ABA accepted varieties, in both large fowl and bantam, as well as many of the more common "project" varieties.

Back
Top Bottom