Reserve Champion AOSB
Blue Wheaten Cockerel - Reserve Breed

Show II

White Ameraucana Cock - Best of Breed and
Reserve Champion AOSB
Black Ameraucana Cock - Reserve Breed

Jean, he is stunning
bow.gif
!! I love his silhouette. Is this the type we should be breeding toward with the Wheatens?​

pips&peeps :

Quote:
Not the best photo....

http://pipsandpeeps.com/images/blanco.jpg

Rocky Mtn Poultry Assn.
Spring Fling
5-1-2010
Hamilton, MT

Show I

White Ameraucana Cock -Best of Breed and
Reserve Champion AOSB
Blue Wheaten Cockerel - Reserve Breed

Show II

White Ameraucana Cock - Best of Breed and
Reserve Champion AOSB
Black Ameraucana Cock - Reserve Breed

Now,that IS what I'm looking for
big_smile.png
I don't think I'm going to give up on my smaller white yet but his head seems out of proportion still.Just hatched some beautiful blue and black chicks from a person on here.Finally looks like I have some keepers from hatching eggs-Jean set my bar high in my BBS pen and these chicks look like they will fit right in..Also hatched some BBS mini's-I don't like bantam everyone around here calls them bannies so mine are my mini's
wink.png
hoping Sam has a few girlfriends in the pen now.
When it stops raining I may be able to upload some new pics..satellite internet you just have to have it to understand​

pips, I love that white cock, I have a pair of whites that were hatched from eggs that were purchased from you about a year ago and they are by far my favorite, I just love them so much. I have hatched about twenty or so chicks and am getting blue and splash looking chicks I am amusing the will feather out white but my question is this, is there any chance I might get one or two of them to keep the darker color, I would love to breed one back to my black roo for the slate legs, and If I don't get one to keep the darker color what are my chances of getting blue if I cross a white to my black cock?

Those are EE's it looks like someone was trying for blue Ameraucana's or had some blue in their flock but neither meets the breed standard for being an Ameraucana
jeb 251 you can't breed black to white and get blue you must have the blue genes to get blue...the blacks don't carry the blue gene but can be the result of a blue to blue mating.Splash is the other result of the blue to blue mating..can't get it from white and it won't produce white.There is a full bbs genetics table but in short
Blue x Blue= 50% blue 25% black 25% splash
Black x Blue=50/50 no splash
Blue x Splash 50/50 no black
black x black 100% black
splash x splash 100 % splash but be careful to many crossings will result in a white looking chicken lacking the color
Black x splash 100% blue

Back
Top Bottom