Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I just got my chicks question, her ears are white. Will they turn blue? My last chick from a different hatchery laid white eggs too. Is this just luck of the draw?

More than likely your birds are Easter Eggers being improperly sold as Ameraucana by the hatchery. Never know what you get with Easter Eggers. Mostly they lay blue to green but they can lay any common egg color. A true Ameraucana can only lay blue. What hatcheries are you using?

More than likely your birds are Easter Eggers being improperly sold as Ameraucana by the hatchery. Never know what you get with Easter Eggers. Mostly they lay blue to green but they can lay any common egg color. A true Ameraucana can only lay blue. What hatcheries are you using?
Cackle and meyer

Hmmm, Meyer is one of the few big hatcheries that has true Ameraucana. They sell only Blues.

Hmmm, Cackle seems to carry:
Black
Blue
Buff
White

Uh-oh:
Splash
Lavender

These last 2 are not recognized colors, therefore the birds are not APA Ameraucana. Makes me wonder about how careful they are in breeding the recognized colors. The others are:
Blue Wheaten
Brown Red
Silver
Wheaten

Hmmm, Meyer is one of the few big hatcheries that has true Ameraucana. They sell only Blues.

Hmmm, Cackle seems to carry:
Black
Blue
Buff
White

Uh-oh:
Splash
Lavender

These last 2 are not recognized colors, therefore the birds are not APA Ameraucana. Makes me wonder about how careful they are in breeding the recognized colors. The others are:
Blue Wheaten
Brown Red
Silver
Wheaten

I don't know about Meyer, but I personally know the owner at Cackle Hatchery and have sold Ameraucanas to him to start some of their lines.

This thread is so quiet lately. Hopefully everyone is busy hatching out their chicks! Here is some pictures of my breeding quad of Blue Wheatens out stretching their legs this evening. (Yes, the girls have hen saddles on)
3C5E3BEA-9D1E-4A15-9DCA-19D67C9D532C.jpeg
CA94790C-6D87-45C5-8350-3AD4821352BA.jpeg

Gotta love the Wyandotte Fluffy butt photo bomb ‍♀️
2CDE60B2-0433-4CC1-877F-B778C275504D.jpeg

Attachments

• 95C9179E-2815-4A06-91EA-0BBC5752D410.jpeg
    95C9179E-2815-4A06-91EA-0BBC5752D410.jpeg
    988.4 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom