Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Champion AOSB at Frederick, MD Poultry Show!
smile.png
Ashley wouldn't pose very well!

056.jpg

Me looking very weird haha I dont like my picture being taken

059.jpg

058.jpg

This is Claude. I've posted pictures of him as he's developed and I've noticed recently that his beard has begun to change colors. The "before" picture is from about a month and a half ago, the second picture was just taken last weekend. Do you think his beard will continue to grow in blue, or is this the most color he'll get? Also, I've noticed his hackle feathers higher up his neck have become much clearer than before, that's something I'm very happy about. His lower hackles though are a completely different story.
roll.png
Claude was 7 months old on the 1st of November.

claudebeforeafter.jpg

Last edited:
He was about a year and a half before he had full tail feathers...

...you wouldn't know it now... he just coming back from a molt!

... but he's still good with the ladies....
wink.png

I can't say the same about Claude... he hardly shows attention to any of his girls. To make it even better, my W/BW pullets don't give him the time of day!
lol.png

I plan on penning them all together this winter, hopefully over the next few months they'll learn to love one another.
smile.png

Quote:
Ya know- I'm having the same problem, and so is HBuehler. It seems like if the roos aren't the top guy in the pen with said girls from day one, they never show any interest in them when they finally are.
I have taken all other roos completely out of the picture, and the ameraucanas are still acting like hens. They crow once in a while, but they haven't picked up on the "protector" thing and I never see them trying to mate.
hmm.png

(I'm just referring to the wheatens I have, the blacks are completely different)

Back
Top Bottom