Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

pips&peeps :

I guess the only correct response to that question is: Check the buy sell trade section.

lau.gif

Quote:
I've already responded to this.
smile.png
You'll get either solid white birds or white birds with gold/blue leakage.

Well, I've got terribly sad news. Had a freak winterstorm come through, knock out our power overnight for 10 hours, and. . . I lost a whole incubator of eggs AND a few chicks. The chicks were Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, and the bator was half full of Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. . . .

Why do electric/utility district companies have to stall out for TEN hours when there's not even any wind, like we normally get, which they usually solve in less than TWO hours?!
barnie.gif

Wow, i am really sorry to hear about your loss Illia.
hugs.gif
Did the chicks get to cold? I would be devestated if that happened to me. (i am not trying to make you feel bad) How far alond were the eggs? I know you already answered my question and i trust you, i just wanted to see if there were any different responses.

poultrycrazy

pips&peeps :

I guess the only correct response to that question is: Check the buy sell trade section.

Jean could you possibly include a link to the birds for sale when you are trying to help some one?

---- I personally love it when you post pics of birds that some one can buy right here in the thread... But I guess policy is policy... So going to buy sell trade is not the worst thing.. IMO a link would help though..
ON​

My mother is in northern Utah right now with a huge blizzard dumping snow on them.

I'm so glad we don't get blizzards here.

Sorry you lost your hatch Illia.

Quote:
Jean could you possibly include a link to the birds for sale when you are trying to help some one?

---- I personally love it when you post pics of birds that some one can buy right here in the thread... But I guess policy is policy... So going to buy sell trade is not the worst thing.. IMO a link would help though..
ON

I occasionally have birds available. It is not something that I have listed anywhere; they are not planned items for sale or auction.

Someone had a need for a bird and I just happened to have one available that I thought would fit their needs. If she would have been interested, I would have sent her some photos.

Quote:
They got too cold, and in result, a few got squished and suffocated in the tight chick-pile they create in attempt for finding heat. I was lucky enough to provide heat soon enough for the rest, as I was finding obvious signs of other chicks giving up. Thin bodies, puffed up feathers, not walking around, cold legs. . .

Quote:
He appears to be a splash with a lot of red leakage ; if so he should produce 100% red and blue patterned to blue with red leaking , but if you already have blue introduced to your EE you will also get more variations with splash also . Was he purchased as or produced by supposedly pure B/B/S Ameraucana ?

Back
Top Bottom