Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

pips&peeps :

Check out my post.........

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=461&p=3142

Whoa....that's rough! Awesome pictures though
big_smile.png
.​

here is a pic of my black ameraucana egg, hens are from Paul Smith. The pic does not do it justice, it's a very deep color but only had my phone available to take a pic...
hmm.png

pic is taken outside so the color is washed out a bit from the sun....
11313_black_ameraucana_egg.jpg

Last edited:
pips&peeps :

Check out my post.........

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=461&p=3142

Oh, my! I'm SO ready for spring! Other than the weather, there are lots of signs of spring around here. Chicks are growing, trees and flowers are blooming, goats have kids playing on the hill, and the barn cat has 3 kittens she is raising inside the old hay baler. This weather has been crazy! No snow right now, but rain on every day I have off work, so I can't get anything done on the barn. This morning the weather report said the wind was blowing 13 mph. I think they are dyslexic. It's more like 31 with gusts higher than that. It sounded like it was going to blow the shingles right off the house.

On a brighter note, all my chicks are doing great. I think I can tell all the wheaten boys and girls apart, but it's a little tougher with the blacks, silvers and my one buff packing peanut. Some of the blacks look like they have tree trunks for legs, so I guessing they are roosters.​

Quote:
Cute, cute, cute! I love the lavender. I hope they become an APA accepted variety soon. I'd love to raise some show quality lavs.

BTW, roncrna, are you a CRNA? I worked as a CRNA for 17 years, but quit some years back to stay home with my daughter and other kids when she was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor.

I worked in a large group for a while, then free lance and then formed a CRNA group. Great work. I loved it.

My Paul Smith birds are here and they are so cute!
wee.gif

all 15 made it safely from Texas- 6 blacks, 7 blues and 2 lavenders. Soooooooo happy
ya.gif
:ya

somewhere between Texas and New Hampshire 5 ducklings found there way into my shipment. The Post Office was no help. Paul doesn't raise ducks so someone somewhere was not so happy when they opened their box of fuzzybutts. I however initially couldn't believe how big some of the feet were on those weird looking chicks...then i noticed the beaks...DUH! took me a solid minute to accept they were ducks. Think i found them a new home tho'. I do have a pond but since we just cleared some of the land down to it we're not quite ready for that yet. This is gonna be fun! Marans and Ameraucana FINALLY!

<
paulsmith1.jpg
>

Back
Top Bottom