Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

That is hilarious! Someone really put ducks into your shipping box? I would of had to stop and ponder too. It was sweet of you to re-home the little fuzzy heat-lumps. I bet they helped keep the chicks cushy during transit. Sweet.

Quote:
Cute, cute, cute! I love the lavender. I hope they become an APA accepted variety soon. I'd love to raise some show quality lavs.

BTW, roncrna, are you a CRNA? I worked as a CRNA for 17 years, but quit some years back to stay home with my daughter and other kids when she was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor.

I worked in a large group for a while, then free lance and then formed a CRNA group. Great work. I loved it.

Yes, I am a CRNA. I have been for about 6 years now and love the profession. Sorry to hear about your hardships. Most do not realize how blessed we are until we see others dealing with much more than us. God Bless!

pips&peeps :

Check out my post.........

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=461&p=3142

ep.gif

17 of 24 B/B and 3 of 3 Whites went to lockdown noon Wed, and started hatching a day early yesterday. 10 B/B out, 1 B/B and 1 White now pipped. Several needed help; a lot of sticky chicks as I learn to hatch in higher indoor humidity than I've experienced. Waiting to see if the pipped are glued as suspicioned, and how many of the nonpipped might have drowned.

No clue as to why so many hatched early; it was nearly across the board on early hatches for the 100 or so people participating in the BYC Easter Hatch [actually due today].

I'll be gone tomorrow, so Happy Easter!!! everybody.

I'm glad to hear about your new chicks. Just candled some of my Brown Red eggs and they are doing GREAT. I have some due the 2nd!!! I'm excited all 5 of them are developing. I have two I set April 18th and I'm not sure if they are going to hatch....well see!

Happy Hatching!

Back
Top Bottom