Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Wow, those Andies are stunning!

I know that's the kinda lacing I'm after! Not sure I'll ever get there, but half the fun is in trying. ;)

Heatherscooby77, do you have any pictures of your project birds? I'd sure love to see them when/if you had time. :)

A neat way to tell the difference between edging and lacing is to take the feather in question and put it up against a white surface. The edging will be clear against the white and the lacing will be dark. The reason being true lacing results from more pigmentation along the outside of each feather (remember blue is just a dilution of black), while edging is thought to be the result of lack of pigmentation along the feathers outer edge. I thought that was pretty cool. :)

Last edited:
What do you think about this Andalusian's lacing?

I like the body type more than the lacing. I agree with heatherscooby77. I think it might be a single copy of the pattern gene, but I am getting way over my head talking genetics! I might prefer to use her rather than a better laced bird for the body type though. You can double the Pg gene if that is what is needed, faster than you can get the size back I believe.....

Last edited:
S
Stan, I am redoing my web page. Go to my profile for BYC. The albums are at the bottom of the page.
Put me on your list for spring eggs!! This is something all blue breeders should be working with...If you pass around your work, everyone can share and be that much ahead... wouldn't this be a tremendious boost for blue Ameraucanas!!!

Back
Top Bottom