Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

I think its fair.  She probably only has one copy, or she is based on columbian.   We will see what the others think..........

I started reading this thread...its interesting, and I wonder if I have aome of the birds here to get started with this....i "accidentally" produced this gal crossing my BLRW and a black Australorp...the legs are dark and there is some darker edging...
I have a beautiful BLRW roo, some chicks from him and a Blue Am, one BLRW chick that has a single comb, and have been searching for more Blue Ams (my previous was not great quality)...so...would this be a good start? Where would I go from here?

Last edited:
I bought these from a breeder that said they were full blood Ameraucana. I was looking into letting my boys show them and am questioning wether they meet the breed standard on color after looking at the websites. I always considered the hen black and the rooster white.
[/IMG]

Sorry, I'm new to the breed so not much help. They are both beautiful. The hen looks loke she has some color leakage around her neck? The roo might be a wheaten but it isn't a color I have or know. Ameraucanas are odd in that you can have a mixed breed if you breed the wrong color of one Ameraucana to another. Best wishes.

I bought these from a breeder that said they were full blood Ameraucana. I was looking into letting my boys show them and am questioning wether they meet the breed standard on color after looking at the websites. I always considered the hen black and the rooster white.
[/IMG]
They are both EE.... so they do not meet the SOP for the breed sorry.

Back
Top Bottom