Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

These are our two Americaunas hatched in March. We got them from Eagle Nest Hatchery. They were both suppose to be hens but the darker one has started crowing and has a red comb. We named then Cinnamon and Nutmeg. This is them back in April.

Last edited:
I agree. Culls are what a deep freezer is for.

I also believe one should fully disclose, to the best of their knowledge, whether or not their birds carry what others may consider ‘undesirable’ genes or traits.

Because when push comes to shove, no one is responsible for the quality of birds you have, breed, or sell... except for YOU. :)
I advertised my two cockerels with full disclaimer that they were "projects" and even linked the byc thread about the project. The people that took them were very excited and I made sure they understood. I agree that there is a great deal of misunderstanding about what is/isn't an Ameraucana vs. project vs. EE. Every ad I saw with photos on our local CL listing Ameraucanas were obvious EEs.
sad.png

I advertised my two cockerels with full disclaimer that they were "projects" and even linked the byc thread about the project. The people that took them were very excited and I made sure they understood. I agree that there is a great deal of misunderstanding about what is/isn't an Ameraucana vs. project vs. EE. Every ad I saw with photos on our local CL listing Ameraucanas were obvious EEs.
sad.png

I appreciate your disclosure. I saw your ad on CL after I PM'd you. Still looking for people in our area selling true bbs Ameraucanas if you happen to know any
wink.png
. Two of my hens went broody DOH!

I was noticing that as well on CL. It is frustrating that people will say AMERAUCANA and they clearly have EEs, not that there is anything wrong with an EE. Other people just bought whatever was at the feed store labeled as Ameraucana not knowing.

My chickens posted above are they Americaunas? Or EEs? The hatchery I bought them from called them Americaunas.
Those are EE's. Most hatcheries will get you by adding that 'i' instead of the true breed spelling Ameraucana. You will also see a lot of Auracana/Ameriacana for hatchery EE's. They are still great chickens just not a true breed!

Last edited:
Those are EE's.  Most hatcheries will get you by adding that 'i' instead of the true breed spelling Ameraucana.  You will also see a lot of Auracana/Ameriacana for hatchery EE's.  They are still great chickens just not a true breed!

Okay thank you!
They are really nice friendly birds. We were told they will lay pink, blue or green eggs. Well at least one of them will now. Lol

Most EE's lay mint green eggs, so far I haven't seen any that lay pink. I did have a lovely Buff Orp that layed pink eggs but we lost her in an attack. I have several EE's and I love them. I love my Ameraucana too, although they are harder to find and more expensive. Enjoy them, BTW you profil pic is cute
lol.png

[SIZE=15.555556297302246px]Most EE's lay mint green eggs, so far I haven't seen any that lay pink.  I did have a lovely Buff Orp that layed pink eggs but we lost her in an attack.  I have several EE's and I love them.  I love my Ameraucana too, although they are harder to find and more expensive.  Enjoy them, BTW you profil pic is cute [/SIZE]:lol:

Thank you those were our baby banties this spring :)

Back
Top Bottom