Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

@MrsBachbach
Just when I wasn't expecting any eggs from our B/W Amer she layed one today. Half a year before startup laying again! Hope she can keep it up since our temps are going to soar again next week! Once she lays her egg she can't leave the nestbox fast enough! Thank you for the info about the sporadic molting that Am's go through. It was something I wasn't aware of about the breed. Our Silkies are kinda like that sometimes but they can lay right through a molt where the Am just quit completely. She's a lot more chipper now and has her appetite back! I'm a worrier since we have only 4 birds - they are more pets than production and it takes me a year or more to really get to know each bird's routine, health, and quirks. TY again!

One of my Wheaten Ameraucana chicks at 3 weeks old. What do you think?

I think you have a handsome young cockerel... :)

Okay I am officially confused >.< I'm getting put down on a rare chicken sell/swap site by two people who swear they sell ameraucanas, the lady spelled it americauna, I politely corrected her, she was all "oh okay thanks!" Then some dude came along telling me to shut up if I don't know anything and she spelled it correctly and that I shouldn't even be on the page?... Then the lady came back and said tht he was right, that he had spelt it right?! I know that isn't how you spell it but how on earth can she say she looked it up and it was right? I tried and all tht come up is ameraucana. And the guy is selling BBS hatching eggs.

Okay I am officially confused >.< I'm getting put down on a rare chicken sell/swap site by two people who swear they sell ameraucanas, the lady spelled it americauna, I politely corrected her, she was all "oh okay thanks!" Then some dude came along telling me to shut up if I don't know anything and she spelled it correctly and that I shouldn't even be on the page?... Then the lady came back and said tht he was right, that he had spelt it right?! I know that isn't how you spell it but how on earth can she say she looked it up and it was right? I tried and all tht come up is ameraucana. And the guy is selling BBS hatching eggs.
Welcome to the Internet :thumbsup

It is spelled many ways, especially by people selling Easter Eggers. The APA only spells it Ameraucana, and they are the "Standard."

Sometimes you do your best to educate people and they prefer to stay ignorant rather than admit they are misinformed...Just give them the link to the Ameraucana Alliance or ABC and let them decide...

A good Ameraucana breeder will know how to spell it right. Anyone who spells it any other way is ignorant and acceptesd that their hatchery or previous breeder sold them Easter Eggers as "Ameraucana." I've dealt with super-sensitive breeders who argue back and those you probably would do best to avoid. I've had an argumentative breeder of Ameraucanas and another Ameraucana breeder that was kind and even sent me photos of the bird she had in mind to ship to me. There are many good breeders and doesn't pay to deal with the ignorant or argumentative. JMHO.

It is spelled many ways, especially by people selling Easter Eggers. The APA only spells it Ameraucana, and they are the "Standard."

thumbsup.gif

Sometimes you do your best to educate people and they prefer to stay ignorant rather than admit they are misinformed...Just give them the link to the Ameraucana Alliance or ABC and let them decide...
thumbsup.gif

When dealing with Marans, certain varieties tend to lay much darker eggs than others. Does the same apply with Ameraucanas? If so, of all Ameraucana varieties, which ones typically lay the best blue eggs? BBS? W/BW? Other?

Back
Top Bottom