Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Boy or girl? I had a sibling that was a Roos for sure but this one looks and acts way different but makes a funny sound in the morning like she's trying to say
(wake up time!)

Last edited:
Are you referring to the brown color on the female? She is badly sun bleached from free ranging if that's what you mean. My hen was that brown color all over until she lost some feathers and grew in new ones. I don't really see a chocolate color on them other than that or are you referring to something else that I may not be seeing?
I see your later post where you said you can see it now, but I was going to tell you about a couple of my birds. I'm growing out a straight run batch of BBS from Paul Smith, and 2 of the blue cockerels are showing this color. They are still pretty birds, but when you see them beside a pure blue, it's unmistakable. I will put one of them over some BCM for Olive Eggers, but won't use them over my AMs

Quote:
Yes I do see it now. I had no idea what I was looking for before so I didn't get it, but when JunebugGena commented near each photo with a more detailed description of what was wrong I definitely understood and saw it.

How do you like Paul Smiths birds? How are they as far as temperament? I don't particularly love the AMs from my very limited experience with them, but I am interested in colored eggs so I may try and get some nicer quality AMs or I may look into another blue/green egg layer... possibly legbars. I know Paul raises both these breeds. I would like to find a blue egg laying breed of good quality and temperament that I love and enjoy having around. Think I should give the AMs another shot or try a different breed altogether?
hmm.png

Thanks for the response... much appreciated.

Last edited:
Yes I do see it now. I had no idea what I was looking for before so I didn't get it, but when JunebugGena commented near each photo with a more detailed description of what was wrong I definitely understood and saw it.

How do you like Paul Smiths birds? How are they as far as temperament? I don't particularly love the AMs from my very limited experience with them, but I am interested in colored eggs so I may try and get some nicer quality AMs or I may look into another blue/green egg layer... possibly legbars. I know Paul raises both these breeds. I would like to find a blue egg laying breed of good quality and temperament that I love and enjoy having around. Think I should give the AMs another shot or try a different breed altogether?
hmm.png

Thanks for the response... much appreciated.
I love my wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucanas. Of all the breeds I have owned, the Ameraucanas have been my favorites. They are beautiful and friendly and I adore their fuzzy faces. My original birds were from Paul Smith and Pips&Peeps and I added Cree and Meredith lines recently.

I would get some wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucanas and Cream Legbars from Paul and see which ones you like best.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom